This is my first Mark VI build so far, let me know what you think so far. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gforce598

Jr Member
This is my helmet during and after completion let me know what you guys think.

06.jpg

05.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

CIMG0269.jpg

CIMG0270.jpg

CIMG0271.jpg

CIMG0272.jpg

CIMG0273.jpg

CIMG0274.jpg

CIMG0275.jpg

CIMG0276.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

CIMG0269.jpg

CIMG0270.jpg

CIMG0271.jpg

CIMG0272.jpg

CIMG0273.jpg

CIMG0274.jpg

CIMG0275.jpg

CIMG0276.jpg

Oh snap, nicely done. You did a fantastic job for your first go at a FS Mark6. I was really impressed with how smooth you got your bondo stage. Obviously there is still room to grow (I am not criticizing at all, that build rocks) to get from a good piece to a great piece. Can tell a few areas where you didn't do body filler or where you have some imperfections. Again though, great build and I think you're in the top 25% with a BA helmet like that (makes my first Mk6 look like something you'd scrape off the bottom of your boot)

Edit::: and I love how you used the foam to do the neck piece there that comes off the backside. well done

Thanks for the compliments and advise. This was actually a repaint on this piece as the first go around I had my body work very near perfect and after the last stage of paint where I used the black primer to accent the low areas and give it the weathered effect; I went over the top with my flat clear and all the paint lifted. !!!!!@#$##$$ I had to strip it all of as it already had like 6 layers on there with primer, texure, silver, two coats of blue then the black on top. LOL I used normal ZIP Stip sprayable type to strip it off which I would not suggest to anyone. I ate of some of my finsh coat of mud and I had to sand it to get it acceptable again. After all that work I was not going to spend the time to get the body work to that extent again. The craft foam is Awesome in my opinion. It saved me tons of masking and spraying to get the strips on the sides of the shield, the rear neck area, and the underside of the brim to have the black areas. I got it from Wal-Mart and it was black aready and has as very nice adheasive backing that holds up to paint as well. :) I am in the process of the cheast now and have the pep work done and first application of resin done. Also another note on the helmet; like an idiot, I didnt pay attention to the difference in fold lines! LOL so when folding this I had no idiea of wheather the folds were mountains or valleys. So when I got to a point of assembly where the parts didnt line up I had to turn my folds inside out while folded. Live and learn and enjoy the experience of it all I guess. I think eventually I will make another one after I get rest of armor complete. I think all and all I have about 50 bucks or less into this helmet. I have leds and padding and found the ulitimate led lens covers for the total finshed look and will get it to 100% completion. If anyone would like the info on the led lens covers let me know I will be happy to share the source with you. :)

Definitely looks like you know what you are doing. My advice is to get some more stuff pepped so we can see it! Job well done fella!

You did a wonderful job smoothing out your whole helmet, and I love that blue! I was thinking of using the same color blue for my build, but I wasn't able to track a good color down at Wal-Mart. Where did you end up getting your paint at?

:)

Thanks for the kind words. I am trying to finish my Mark VI chest piece now. Have the pep and the resin done. Need to finish the glass and body work then I will post some pics of the progress. Later, Gforce598 :D

It looks great.. I like the detail work and what looks like foam trim accent pieces around the back part.

Thanks again, And yes I did use craft foam on the underside of the brim and the rear of the helmet as well. This foam has a self adheasive backing and holds up great to paint ect. and also stretches great around curved surfaces as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back