Trying my hand at armormaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten Mittons

Hello everybody,

I have been stalking these boards for a few months now and have been referencing them to help me learn how to do stuff like this. At first, I just wanted to see if I could actually do it, and now it's interested me enough to probably pursue it as a hobby and make more and different things.

Anyways, I started off making a helmet for myself and a helmet for my little brother. I picked Recon and he picked ODST. I also decided to make some foam armor pieces as well. I promised my brother he could be a Spartan for Halloween.

PICS:
This is my recon helmet (still a WIP) and I've done some detailing work since this picture and it is still missing a visor. Not the easiest helmet to learn how to do all of this... lol.
P3150003.jpg

This is my brother's ODST helmet. I used Kirrou's ODST tester helmet pep file for this one. Much easier helmet to make!
P3170005.jpg

P3170006.jpg

I also made him some armor using foam mats from Harbor Freight and I gave them a black paint job with some dry brush details. They looked better than I would have thought and actually look like real metal pieces and are incredibly light weight.
I just made some shoulders for him using an EVA pep file from the Wiki.
P3170007.jpg

The chest piece was just from looking at reference pics of the Landfall ODST soldiers:
P3170008.jpg

And I just made a random back plate to hook up some straps to so the armor pieces would stay on easier.
P3170009.jpg

And here is my product, just in time for him to go Trick-or-Treating! haha.
P3190002.jpg

P3190003.jpg

I'm still a n00b at all this, but I feel like I'm making some progress anyways haha.
Any constructive comments are welcome because I'm here to learn!

Thanks and I'm glad to finally join the community here!

P3150003.jpg

P3170005.jpg

P3170006.jpg

P3170007.jpg

P3170008.jpg

P3170009.jpg

P3190002.jpg

P3190003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back