Reach Sniper Rifle Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow an that is some clean pepping, cant wait to see the final product keep it up man

Thanks. Has a little wave in the handle area, but to be expected with some of the complex folds there. I will smooth them out in later stages.

Bolt Section, Shoulderpad and Upper Buttstock Finished

Moved onto the Bolt Section, Shoulderpad and Upper Buttstock today. Keeping it straight is a challenge. this gun is big and unforgiving on wavy pep work.. Currently it is in 2 sections which I am gonna keep as sections for sanding, molding and tear down purposes. Took me down to a 1/4 inch of card stock to work on. Most of which is being replaced by piping.

thats looking good mate :D, how are you going to harden it when its finished? never been able to figure out how i would do it :/ lol

Think I am going to do a 300 smooth cast light coat on the outside followed by a slush inside. I might have to use some plasti past as bondo on the outside to smooth out a little paper wave here and there.. If it is still a little smooshy I may fill with low expanding foam. once that is complete plan was to mold solid cast parts. Currently this is all a year project so I am just trying to crush out the pep work before winter and try to at minimum get all my parts including my armor hard coated.

Using pep files from this site.. This one is L3X BLU3R1V3R model / Unfolded by carpathiavh99 Reach Sniper Rifle (Pep3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back