Slush casting with RONDO Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gforce598

Jr Member
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has tried a Rondo mixture using some of the re-enforced filler with the fiberglass in it. Thanks in advance, Gforce598:)

eehhh not sure if that would work too well. I used it by itself as re-enforcement on weak areas. The stuff is pretty thick and goopy with all the fibers in it. You could maybe try a 50-50 mix and go from there??

Well if not the re-enforced fiber stranded filler , maybe a technique of rondo with fiberglass cloth laid in it first? I am lucky enough to have a connection that works with fiber glass for a living and I have used the matt on my chest piece and it works great to cut down time of laying all the multiple layers. On my legs and arms I plan on using a stip of matt around each of the openings and then using the rondo technique for the rest of the inside. I think it may be easier then having to reach inside of the piece to get the glass to be firmly against the walls, but we will see how it goues. :)

Yes alot of people including myself mix resin with bondo. however it can be misshapen by heat so never leave it in a hot place long term. a good place to start is Benstreeper's Youtube channel he has alot of good video's [video]http://www.youtube.com/user/iceagonakilya[/video]

Yes thanks, I have seen Ben's videos and wondered to myself why not mix the two in seperate cups to get hardner correct and then combine and use glass laid in the mix for extra strength? I have not tried the rondo yet being that I got a box of glass free, I have been happy with the results thus far.

if you use regular bondo and resin, i used something like 75% bondo 25% resin. If you plan on using fiberglass with it, dont put the mat down first. I've heard that rondo doesnt soak in to fiberglass. Instead slush a layer of rondo in the piece and when its still wet, lay fiberglass mat in to it and cover it with some more rondo. It's called mudglassing. That's what i did to my chest piece on my Mk V build and the pieces are rock hard!!!

Sweet :) I am currently in the process of glassing my chest peice. I use a combination of cloth and matt type glass. I am currently trying to find a definate post or totarial to tell me were exactly to split the chest for ease of putting it on. I will use straps rivoted on to form the hinge so I would like to know where im splitting it for sure so I can add extra beef in these areas for extra support. I believe its better to go for oevr kill in this case so I don't need to go back and fix it in the future.

ha ive always waondered excatly what mud glassing was. now ive got the answer! ha, is this supposed to be stronger than Smooth on 321 or 320? STEALTH hardens his stuff only with that.

thanks ben, I watched your videos, but they jump from rondoing the inside of the helmet to sanding.... I was like awww crap you skipped a few steps :D I'm just starting to pep my armor, hopefully i'll have a few pieces to resin & rondo by this weekend....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back