Halo: Combat Evolved, Mark V Armor (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russett

Hey Everyone, i decided to finally reveal what i am doing. i was actually going to comlete the whole project before i showed everyone, but i figured it was a good idea to show everyone.
So i thought scince this is my first armor build, that i would use the first armor in the game, the Mjolnir Mark V. So far i completed the helmet and all the other parts have been fiberglassed. i was actually hoping to have this done by halloween..but then i realized it takes a long time to get it to look like what you want. Oh well, ill just go snowboarding in it instead. :)

so what do you think? i havent finished the visor padding or drilled the flashlights in yet.
also, i went ahead and ordered a bubble visor. it should be in within the next week or so.

10257467.png

32152254.png

88046287.png

50968320.png

Thanks for the amazing tutorials 405th people!

Wow. Nice helmet there. I can't wait to see it finished.
Did you say, "Bubble Visor"?

yes, i put a straight visor in and it looked like the beta version of the mark V.. so i found a chrome/gold reflective bubble visor on ebay. last one too! apparentley its from the 1970s - 1980s, so i have to be REALLY careful fitting it.

yes, i put a straight visor in and it looked like the beta version of the mark V.. so i found a chrome/gold reflective bubble visor on ebay. last one too! apparentley its from the 1970s - 1980s, so i have to be REALLY careful fitting it.
You can get as many bubble visors on eBay as you want from a seller in Taiwan. Just search for "gold bubble visor". He only sells them 1 at a time with a Buy It Now but you can message him and he will setup a Buy It Now auction for as many as you want with a small discount in shipping.

nice work. looks pretty dang clean! is that a MOZ helmet?? What happened to the rear piece? Hope the rest looks as clean as that! Stoked to see another Mk V! :D

nice work. looks pretty dang clean! is that a MOZ helmet?? What happened to the rear piece? Hope the rest looks as clean as that! Stoked to see another Mk V! :D

yes, its a MOZ helmet, the rear peice being there made it impossible to put the helmet on, so i figured i would replace it with ither a silicon rubber mould or a flexible foam or something..

and as far as color goes.. i may go with a lighter green.

on another note, im amost done the shoulders. should be done by tomorrow or the next day

ok, a little update.

i had some progress pictures taken a few weeks ago,
i dont know why i decided to upload them now. i have newer pictures, (my cousin has them)
i can probably post the new ones tomorrow. here ya go!

fs2010costume2s.png

fs2010costume1s.png

as you can barley see, some parts of the helmet had to be redone. so dont mind the bondo color ;)
and the bubble visor is in! Thank you Ebay! :D

Very nice!! Stoked to see more pics. Mk V for the win!! Hey what color green did you use? My suit is pretty tore up from haloween and needs some repainting. Might go with that color you got there. Keep it up!!

Very nice!! Stoked to see more pics. Mk V for the win!! Hey what color green did you use? My suit is pretty tore up from haloween and needs some repainting. Might go with that color you got there. Keep it up!!

im using DupliColor: Sherwood Green, car paint. fount at Canadian Tire, then a DupliColor clearcoat.
it looked nice so i stuck with it. :)

BEST PAINTJOB EEEEEEVVVVEEERRR!!!!!!!!! INFACT ITS SOO AWESOME, MY FACE WAS STUCK LIKE THIS FOR TWO HOURS!!!!!
totally-awesome-joker-collection.jpg

Attachments

• totally-awesome-joker-collection.jpg
    totally-awesome-joker-collection.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 365
Okay spartans, heres another little update :D
Ill start off first by telling you how ive done most of my detailing on the standard definition MOZ
MarkV.
heres an example.
thighsbeta1.png

thighsbeta2.png

thighs.png

leg1.png

In the first picture i simply drew out the parts that needed to be higher, and in the second Picture i
hot glued a some wire over the drawn out lines. Then i just filled in the parts that needed to be
higher with Bondo, pulled the wire off when it was near-hardened, and this is what it turned out to
look like in the third and fourth picture.

helmetbeta2.png

helmetbeta1.png

markv2.png

And for the Helmet, there was a big overhaul on it. You can see in the first three pictures is what it
looked like before, a careless paintjob followed by a crappy foam seal for the visor. And it didnt
look right with a straight visor in, also, notice the visor pushing against my nose XD. Finally, the
bubble visor offered more room, and was also suprised on how buch better the paintjob was.

shoulders1.png

Shoulders complete with lights :D

chest1.png

Heres a close up of what the chest looks like so far!

Okay, i thought about it, and the way the shins go on are kinda a pain so im going to redo them.
here in the first picture you can see a reference of the Leg on the markV, it seems you can see
a bit of under armor under the shin where it looks like its been cut out. so im going to do the
same, in picture 2 is where im going to cut, also it would be easier for strapping to :)
legrefrence.png

shins1.png

__________________________________________________________________________________

markv1.png

Heres the entire suit so far and a youtube link to a video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IiJvclMFt0
yes, i am going to make a new diaper (codpiece) as it looks really pathetic, HAHA!

its near complete now, i can almost taste it! (tastes like fiberglass :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back