Halo: Combat Evolved, Mark V Armor (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I thought I'd come back to the forum and say hi!
I have been very busy lately with moving and getting back to work,
Just wanted everyone to know I will be at the Calgary Fan Expo on
Friday, April 27th and will be touring around in the Mark 5, I hope to see some of you there!

Update!

Hey 405th! Ive come back from being AFK for 7 months! Work has been crazy in the Mac, in the middle of nowhere with barley an internet connection.
I have been looking through the forums recently and i have to say i am amazed at all the awesome costumes/props being pumped out of everyone here!
And i also notice the the website looks a bit different from the last time I've seen it! a lot brighter, lol!
Just like to tell everyone i have a new project on the go and will be posting it as soon as more progress has been done!
But there is a little update for this project (listed below). Also have been losing a lot of hand-plates lately as the result of dancing with people, high-fiving,
or just tossing them in an audience as a souvenir (i have pretty much an unlimited supply of hand-plates though).

Work done
- fixed major damage on the chest/backpack
- changed the codpiece, it looked stupid sticking way out front
- found temporary under-suit
- repainted chest/backpack

To be done
- changing the vent fan to a 9V instead of 12V
- re-wiring ALL LEDs as they are 12v too and suck up power
- repairing helmet beak as a result of a stormtrooper dropping it lol
- putting a back on the helmet with EVA foam (it really sucks if you forget your ski-mask)
- covering up edges of parts to take away that home-made look
- shining it up again to give it that original Xbox look
- (i have more but I'd have to look at the suit to remember it lol)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Had an awesome Halo-ween, won 2 costume contests (one which +400 people showed up) and went to the midnight launch of Halo 4!
I honestley wish i went to the midnight launch in Toronto, Ontario. Or even Austin, Texas (That was a spectacular video Adam! Thanks for sharing!)
but again, i was here for work and couldn't leave this place. I have time off now and I'm really happy about that!
I really love peoples reactions to a fully suited up spartan here, Had a Garth and Wayne (Wayne's World) hailing me on their knees "We are not worthy!!"
at one point on Halo-ween night i was being blinded by cameras flashing constantly, looked like a hail of gunfire! The tinted visors sure help!
But I'd have to say the best reaction i have got from someone was David Lawrence (Fubar 2) at the last ComicCon in Edmonton, AB.
Me just walking by and stop, turn my head to him, he puts his arms in the air and says "WOAH! sir!, i swear I'm not doing ANYTHING wrong, i wont hurt anyone!!"
followed by a friendly nod and continue on my way scanning the area LOL (i don't like to break character) just the way he said it cracked me up!

ANNYYWAYY enough rambling on, i have a couple photos and a video i would love to share with everyone. it's been so long since I've posted anything
on here, i missed 405th, it feels SO great to be back at it again! More To Come!

- Flying Spartan

img0847ig.th.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
img0847ig.jpg
img0846fd.jpg

mc6r.png
mc4w.png

mc1m.png
mc7r.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Video - Haloween 2012 - Halo 4 Midnight Launch

mqdefault.jpg
-----------Click to watch--------------

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back