Legendary Armor Spartan Armor Progress....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BishopX

Legendary Armor
It's been a long time since I have been here. The forum seems to have changed quite a bit. Slavefive and I have decided to start up the Spartan Armor project again so I figured that I might as well chronicle the progress here on 405th. We are working crazy hours so progress may be sporatic. Sit back and enjoy.

Mark VI Spartan Upper Torso Armor
7:00pm, November 5, 2010
CNC Router has been started on the spartan chest and trauma plate.

Moderator Bulletin from Skullcandy Girl 12/03/2010:
This is just to ensure everyone understands, and understands clearly, this is a BUILD thread. The L.A. guys are sharing their work progress with us on 405th as a courtesy and as a tool for exposure for their work. They are our guests, and should be treated with respect. We have had a couple individuals who felt that they were entitled to special treatment, and have tried to ruin this thread with their greed and disrespectful behavior. I have a ban hammer and I will use it, and I am not the only one that has one. So I am laying down some ground rules, if you do not read them it will be obvious and you will be punished:

Rule #1).
No, asking, hinting, begging or PM'ing ANYONE involved with this project for their 3D files. This is a collaboration of very hard working people, and this site, for the most part is all about DIY (Do It Yourself). If you ignore/don't read this warning, and ask, you will be banned for one week. If you want the files that badly, make it yourself, and there are a TON of skilled 3D artists on this board, politely adding a request to the "3D request" thread in the Creation section is your best bet.

Rule#2) Asking if you can "have armor", asking "When will you guys be done", or "OMG MUST CAST! I WANT" (or asking for copies of the armor of any kind) will earn you anywhere from a 1 day-1 week ban.

Rule#3) Any disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated and you will be banned for no less than 2 weeks, and possibly perma banned. "What do you mean disrespectful behavior". Calling out/berating a member of the 405th, stalking, obscessivly asking, thinking the L.A. crew somehow "owes" you something or is somehow at your service (aka feeling entitled), left handed comments ie, "For button pushers you guys do good work" or "OMG wish I had CNC, must be nice to have all that Money :p". And flatly insulting anyone on the forum.

When posting here use your brain and common sense. Context is fail on the web, read your posts before hitting the "Post reply" button. Below is the wall of shame, break a rule and everyone will know about it.

Permabaned Members:
NobleEight - disrepsctful towards everyone on 405th, the L.A. team.

HellzGod
- Possible Duplicate account, IP matched NobleEight.
Temp Ban:
Radioactive Microbe - PM'ed a member asking for 3D files after it was said they will not be available to the public by L.A. team member(s). When the L.A. member declined diplomatically, Microbe insulted the L.A. team member. 2 Week ban for disrespectful behavior.

0235: Said we "cheat" broke rule #3. 2 weeks off for disrespectful comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to see a truly amazing project back in the works. The work between the two of you so far has been truly inspiring. Best of luck, and can't wait to see what you deliver.

-Matt

Thanks very much. I don't know about the amazing part but it is good to get back to something fun for sure.

I'll post more pictures tomorrow but I'm really tired. Sorry.

These are progress pictures from almost two years ago.
Halo-Helmet-Progress-Day-Eight-04.jpg

Halo-Helmet-Progress-Day-Eight-08.jpg

MC-Forearm15.jpg

MC-Handback-Final03.jpg

This is so much awesome to see you back in action with the MC build.

Cant wait for your update.

Pat

Thanks guys. Like I said before, hopefully Slavefive chimes in here but we'll keep the progress pictures coming. I just started the inside of the chest piece. Should be an hour or so before it's good to take pictures.

I bow before your greatness!Seriously...i am speachless...thats why im writting.The epicness cannot be expressed by the wordes used by human beings! O_O < 8D

welcome back guys! I'm always jealous of the cnc stuff makes my hand made stuff look like crap comparatively, would love to learn how to do that someday. Always love going to your websites to see what your doing next.

LOL. Thanks
Actually, the cnc stuff is easy if you have the 3D model. Modeling take talent and the clean up of the cnc'd parts takes care.
DSC00419.JPG

DSC00422.JPG

DSC00423.JPG

The sanding, to this point, has taken about an hour. Once I cnc the rib cage parts, I will attach them and use a polyester primer to seal in the foam.
Chest%20light%20sanding.JPG

I'll post some pictures of the rubber parts we made... in the meantime, here are some of the new parts as of today.
bicep.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back