1. Design completed.
2. Duct tape dummy- in progress
3. First Mock-up for shape
cut fabric... pin fabric... sew fabric...
4. Second mock-up for pattern+lines and experience
purchase fabric...cut fabric...pin fabric...sew fabric...
5. Final sewn product
purchase elastic, leather and spandex...cut...pin...sew...
6. Addition of straps and parts to hold armor tight
7. Addition of rubber pieces
Just got done looking at about fifty different references of spartans from the bungie screenshot page, and finally came up with what I think could be an accurate undersuit. My regular computer is down right now, and all I've got is my iPad, so I can't do much at a time.
Let me know what you think or if anything doesn't look right. I used a little "creative licensing" in the areas that will be eventually covered by armor, including how to make the suit more breatheable. There will be about three different thicknesses of foam, leather, stretchy material, and rubber molds for some of the larger buckles and such. Fun! I'm sure it could also be widened for a male suit.