Reach UNSC Trooper WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
woohoo .. love the thigh piece .. i was thinking to do the same thing but using ultra bright LED's instead. But ur el wire gave me an idea. i still have lots extra from my tron costume. those could be handy .. :D

Thanks Gixxer! The $7.00 EL wire should do the trick for me and it has enough glow to achieve the effect needed. In the meantime, here is how my helmet looks.

DSC01679.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01679.jpg
    DSC01679.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 166
Thanks Thorn!

While I'm waiting for shipment of supplies, I started working on the basic trooper backpack also done in foam rubber mats which I heated to shape one area on the top.

The backpack has two main parts. The cradle/basket part (bottom) and the backpack itself.
DSC01694.jpg

DSC01696.jpg

DSC01697.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01698.jpg
    DSC01698.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC01697.jpg
    DSC01697.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC01696.jpg
    DSC01696.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC01694.jpg
    DSC01694.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 179
Thanks Gixxer! I actually get about 80% of my references from the figures themselves and the rest are screen caps from the game. But here are some pics that I saved from the game and from Bungie's renders that hopefully you can use.

reach_12777859_Full.jpg

Halo_Reach_-_UNSC_Army_Infantryman_Standing.png
Trooper_leader.jpg
Screenshot-3.jpg

Attachments

• reach_12777859_Full.jpg
    reach_12777859_Full.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot-3.jpg
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Trooper_leader.jpg
    Trooper_leader.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Halo_Reach_-_UNSC_Army_Infantryman_Standing.png
    Halo_Reach_-_UNSC_Army_Infantryman_Standing.png
    312.4 KB · Views: 193
Here is a short clip of me trying on my helmet after I finished painting and adding a light to it. I tried it on with part of the armor just to see how it looks. Still need to work on chin straps and helmet liner around the cheeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
lookiing good man um your goin to con right? if so you know the meet up is saturday at 11am check out the 405th so cal on facebook for location...

Thanks dude! Yup! Will be there to meet up with everyone, got the location and time. BTW, thanks for the reminder.

ok kool man ad its me and the wife that had set up the meet this year lol . and cant wait to see ur armor there...

Magnum and hopefully a Reach AR (MA37). I was making a basic backpack but may put it off and finish my modded Nerf Recon/MA37 instead. Were you making a sniper rifle?

ahead of time crap i finished it last week just like the little change i did to my core to make the chest and ecverything look better. but i thik i have enough guns lol i will have one for each day lol. an AR,BR,SRS 99, and M7S, plus my socom and or m6g lol

ahead of time crap i finished it last week just like the little change i did to my core to make the chest and ecverything look better. but i thik i have enough guns lol i will have one for each day lol. an AR,BR,SRS 99, and M7S, plus my socom and or m6g lol

Dude, you have a complete arsenal of weapons lol!

hey td would happen to have a template for the marine collar attachment in the works

d.jpg

also are you doing any runs of your knee pieces?

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 199
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back