Reach UNSC Trooper WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did u find the 1inch foam matte?
That looks like two 1/2" mats glued together. You can see the seam in the last picture you quoted.

However, you can get up to 2" foam mat from http://www.closedcellfoams.com/minicel.html. I bought a full sheet of the 2" 2lb foam from them last year(paid about $25 less than their current price too!). They will send you small samples if you send them a polite email with what you are interested in. This is just like the 1/2" mats from places like Harbor Freight.

Where did u find the 1inch foam matte?

Those were actually 3/4" foam mats that I bought when my kids were little toddlers so that they won't get hurt. I believe I got those from ToysRUs back in the early 2000's and they come in 4 mats of 24"x24" inches. I used the same thickness on the brown part of the thigh pieces but I carved the upper and lower thinner parts using a bread knife.

hi i was just looking at your build TD2253 and i think the chest armour looks awsome :) i was wondering if i could ask for some advice on making a foam chest armour like that as im having trouble with it :) ty :)

Hi, i know its been awhile since anyone posted on here but i am trying to make the shin and am stuck. Do you have any Photos of the shin to share so i can get an idea on how you put yours together?

Also THANK YOU so much for posting this thread as i LOVE IT.

I love your work and I love that you decided to do not make a usual spartan/odst armour as anybodyelse. You made a really accurate work (wish I had your talent) and the result is outstanding; plus you had really clever intuitions like the one for the helmet.

Absolutely amazing build. Waiting with abated breath for the final product.

In the meantime, I'll start working on my own. Thanks for the inspiration!

Absolutely amazing build. Waiting with abated breath for the final product.

In the meantime, I'll start working on my own. Thanks for the inspiration!

I´am sorry to disappoint you but this thread is dead - nobody has posted anything new since 2012!
Please next time when you posting check the date when the last post was added. :)

Pat-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back