Gabe falk's MK VI build

Status
Not open for further replies.

halo95

Jr Member
Mk vi wip

hello everyone, if you read my blog ive been working on a mark VI suit. Im only in the papercrafting step right now. This is my first suit so, any advice or pointers would be helpfull.:D and any comments are welcome, even the negative ones. let me know what you think.

Gabeshaloarmor004.jpg

Gabeshaloarmor003.jpg

Gabeshaloarmor002.jpg

I finished the hand plate today, I just havnt taken a picture yet.
Gabeshaloarmor001.jpg

012.jpg

(btw, does anybody know where the the torso bit attachment goes?
011.jpg

Attachments

• Gabeshaloarmor004.jpg
    Gabeshaloarmor004.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 259
  • Gabeshaloarmor003.jpg
    Gabeshaloarmor003.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 257
  • Gabeshaloarmor002.jpg
    Gabeshaloarmor002.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 254
  • Gabeshaloarmor001.jpg
    Gabeshaloarmor001.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 240
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 262
I know the chestpiece is a little off, but thats cause its leaning against the stairs and im using a lighter cardstock so it bends a little easier

Really nice mate. I see you opted for the HD models and they're looking mighty crispy. As for the torso bit, that has to be attached with straps or the sort. I think Flying Squirrel left that piece separate for flexibility in the abdomen.

Sorry for the double post but my computer wouldnt let me upload this photo
100_0088.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0088.jpg
    100_0088.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 250
I see lots of warping or dimples in the pieces. What weight paper are you using? I use 110lb card stock.

Otherwise excellent pepping. Good folds, straight lines. :)

Cheers!

Ya I noticed that too, especially on the chestpiece. I dont know exactly what the weight is but I know that its really light so its sags easy. im goin to get some popsicle sticks later today to fix the little mishaps. Cause the reason why the chetpiece bottom structure bar is that warped is cause I folded the one side better. (and I just figured that out today too lol)

YAY, update time. sorry it took me so long to post more pics. school has been taking up the majority of my time, expecially wih finals coming up. but anyway here is the upper half completed!
008.jpg

007.jpg

I got my visor, yay!!
009.jpg

As you can tell, im gonna have to do some serious work on the visor to make it fit.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 269
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 254
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 259
I would go for maybe a black and blue paint scheme or maybe grey and orange. That's just me personnelly though. I've been wondering what paint to use and I heard RustOleum is good, so I guess you can't go wrong with that.

Thats a good color scheme, but I already know what im gonna do. I bought some mettalic silver spray paint for the main color (all over) and some ceruelan blue arcryllic paint, for details. and I also found some flat black spray paint floating around my garage for those parts of the armor. like the inner thighs and so forth.

I ran out of hot glue sticks to finish the structure bars on the codpeice, so thats why its seriously warped.
003.jpg

im slowly getting there

I figured it was about time for an update.
001.jpg

002.jpg

I know its a little big, and im thinking about just rescaling it. BUT, I am still growing. so should I just cut out the overlapping metal parts and replace it with foam so I can grow into it, or just rescale it?

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 266
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 258
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 260
Ok, I was thinking now that I have some heavier cardstock. (as you can tell with the thigh) should I re-do some of the armor parts like the chestpiece so it will be a little more stable. cause I dont want it to warp at the last second and all that money into material wasted. what do you guys think I should do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back