Fallout NV Ranger Helmet pep (needs unfold)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Was in process of passing this to Nintendud to unfold, but saw people were calling out for this helmet now.

Model courtesy of Bethesda (game model)
FalloutNV.jpg

Ranger Combat helmet Deadalus Thorn edit.pdo

needs unfold, and I have edited it as best as I can.

any other FO3 or FO NV models you want, just sing out.

Regards
DT

Attachments

• FalloutNV.jpg
    FalloutNV.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 891
I'll take a stab at unfolding it, Deadalus, if you pm me your email address, I'll email you the unfolded file, so you can host it in your original post

Woah, I literally just got done extracting this, posted a thread for anyone who wanted it, and noticed yours. I'm glad you edited it, you saved me some editing time.

File needs a little more editing before I can do anything with it, unfortuneately. I'm not a GREAT unfolder at the best of times, but the game rip is a tad...Messy, for lack of a better word.

The base mask, helm, and canister were built from reference, then when you uploaded the ripped game file I imported it into my scene and adjusted proportions on my own model to match the original.

On the game model I then re-topologized the radio/night vision device on the right side of the helm, split it into four sections, and added some detail. So very much like the original game model but without the intersecting geometry. The radio parts are flushed with the helmet and the neck/ear piece has a support strut that runs under the helm.

The voice amplifier on the front is broken down into four smaller parts, and the canister has the appropriate holes for the netting to show through the underside.

Other holes in the mesh were left for foam or some other material to be layered underneath.

I did not want to upload another exploded model because I wanted everyone to be able to adjust scale easier, so I had to unfold/save each part as a separate .pdo and import them all into one at the end. So if anyone really wants the separate .pdo parts to work on just send me a pm and I'll try to batch a folder together. If you export this helm straight out as a .obj file chances are the program you import them in will merge faces that aren't supposed to be merged.

I used your Pep for my first try at pep, and my prototype for my NCR costume in the noob forum,
awesome work, even as a newbie to pep work, i found it easy to use and easy to understand, thanks for making this!

No problem guys!

I've been kind of busy with holiday planning since we are hosting turkey day here, so I am surprised I got that thing knocked out that quickly.
This was actually the first time I imported several smaller .pdo unfolds into a single one. I'm glad to hear that you have already started building it Kommissar!

I'm going back and editing some of my ODST files to be as streamlined as this (helmet and torso) so everyone can still scale the parts easier.

Awesome job here. I'm new to 405th and I've been wanting to try my hand at a pepakura NCR helmet for quite a while now. The only thing I noticed is that when it is to scale with my head, you can't see the dotted lines and the numbers are incredibly small and faded. But I am only using the pep as a template and I think the lines and numbers problem may be from my printer, not the file. Anyways thank you and well done and I'm glad to join ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back