Halo Tech vs. Other Sci-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your probably right, but at least hand to hand the chief would drop him in an instant.

Although i'll still believe a spartan is just as skilled maybe slightly more than a Mandelorian. Just not nearly as technologically inclined.
I still have to disagree. Spartans' skills are more tactical skills, but Mandalorians seem to have greater physical combat skills. But, a Spartan could easily overpower a Mandalorian, wearing his MJOLNIR, just because the strength endowed upon him allows him to flip 66-ton tanks, to say nothing of crushing skulls.

I still have to disagree. Spartans' skills are more tactical skills, but Mandalorians seem to have greater physical combat skills. But, a Spartan could easily overpower a Mandalorian, wearing his MJOLNIR, just because the strength endowed upon him allows him to flip 66-ton tanks, to say nothing of crushing skulls.

They also have crushgaunts. Basically, if ohn didn't have that armour on, it would be HIS head being crushed. Literally.

masterchief and his unicorn knife throwing cavalry trained in the gutters of vietnam riding over double rainbows would win, two sweaty hands down

Lets not forget that spartans have their own devices such as invisibility, bubble shield, and power drain.
Also, one shot from a spartan laser is almost certain death, seeing as it can take out a tank in one shot and cant be dodged once its fired.
Finally, if all else fails, John could always call for Chuck Norris and have him snipe Boba with a BB gun.
Nothing can survive that. Nothing.
-Gryphon

Basic Gear:
Stormtrooper- White armor that is basically a flashy vacuum suit, E-11 blaster good only fo putting up alot of inaccurate fire, and a thermal detonator.
ODST-Black Body armor that can reduce the effect of plasma, Whatever weapon they can get their hands on making the versitle and deadly.
Deployment Methods:
Stormtrooper-Transport or ship
ODST- Drop Pod, Pelican, Ship Insertion, Hornet, and Falcon
Closing Remarks-ODST are more versitile than a Stormtrooper plus better training equals an ODST/UNSC win.

Ah, the Crushgaunt. Literally indestructible.

As far as Armor Abilities go, I wouldn't stake them in a battle with a Spartan-II, because we never see Spartan-IIs use them. (Even Jorge) Maybe a Spartan-III member of Noble, but, really, the armor abilities are never seen outside of Noble's excursion on Reach, during its final battles. Further, the Splaser takes three seconds to charge, and carries 5, at most, shots. Skilled warrior like Boba would be able to evade for that much.

Now, for a less biased comparison of Stormtroopers and ODSTs

Stormtrooper:
Armor: White Plastoid Armor, over black vacuum-rated body suit - Withstands up to 1 blaster shot
Equip: BlasTech E-11 Rifle, SE-14r Pistol, Baradium-Core Thermal Detonator, 500 rounds for E-11, 20 minutes oxygen
Deployment: Sentinel-class dropship, AT-AT, KDY F7 Transport

ODST:
Armor: Titanium-Ceramic Composite armor, over black vacuum-rated body suit - Withstands small arms, several plasma rounds
Equip: Misriah M7S Suppressed Caseless SMG, M6C/SOCOM Suppressed Magnum Pistol, Combat Knife, 192 rounds for M7S, 15 minutes oxygen
Deployment: D-77, M-12 FAV, SOEIV

Judging on what we see blasterfire do to people, I assume blaster rounds are more powerful than the standard plasma burst, and that's the smallest amount of power that can damage stormtrooper armor. It takes very little plasma fire to compromise ODST armor. Other than that, they're the same type of thing, with Stormtroopers getting 5 minutes more oxygen for EVA.

The E-11 is a long-range blaster rifle, not well-suited for short-range combat, as seen in the movies. It actually has fairly high accuracy, when not fired from the hip, as seen in the movies.

I'll admit ODSTs go through a stricter training regimen, but then, they're just the spec-ops dudes. There are several thousand in the entire corps. There are millions of Stormtroopers, because those guys are the standard troopers. They're not even Marines. They're Army, in terms of how many there are. Even then, their training regiment is greater than the standard Marine reg.

Again, different tactics, different roles, it's a poor comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back