Daft punk thomas bangalter helmet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoolDudeGuy

Ok so i'm new at 405th. I do not want to make a Halo helmet(I can't afford it). So this is not exactly the site I would visit for help, but I didn't find any other forums that was about making helmets, so I chose this site. I am making the Thomas Bangalter Discovery(or whatever) helmet:D

This is an exciting project, and I have started working on it. I posted this thread to show you guys what you have to do to make a Thomas helmet. And to get som tips from you guys(if you have some). By the way, sorry for my English, I'm from Norway.

Ok. You have to download LuchoFunk's template to make the front part. Just search his name and it will come up. Make the front part out of cardboard or something. It will look something like this:
Snapshot179.jpg

Some more pictures:
Snapshot180.jpg

Snapshot181.jpg

Then you got to have baseball(or skateboard) helmet. Tape the front part to the helmet so that you can see well and the helmet looks good. Adjust it till it looks something like this:
Snapshot184.jpg

Ok so do all the final touches you can. Then make the ear part of LuchoFunks template, and cut out the bottom of two soda cans at the same size as the paper ears. Now I think it's better to place the paper ears outside of the sodacans, to give the sodacans a nicer shape. I didn't do this, because my paper ear didn't turn out so good. Here's some
pictures of my helmet so far:
Snapshot187.jpg

Snapshot188.jpg

Snapshot189.jpg

I will make an update, but please give as many tips as you can. The next step is to apply Fiberglass Resin and Bondo Body Filler(I'm using Plastic Padding Fiberglass Filler because it's easier to apply, and I don't have to use Bondo Body Filler).

-MrCoolDudeGuy
You can be cool, you can be a dude, you can be a guy, but you can't be MrCoolDudeGuy!

Attachments

• Snapshot179.jpg
    Snapshot179.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Snapshot180.jpg
    Snapshot180.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Snapshot181.jpg
    Snapshot181.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Snapshot184.jpg
    Snapshot184.jpg