Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect N7 armor edit

Oh nice. I'll be watching this. I've been trying to get/waiting to get files on a FemShep N7 Armour file for my first costume that I hope to make for April's Video Games Live concert.

Have all the things (minus the strapping) I need for the armour for construction out of foam, just need to figure out how to add the strapping to make it all fit once I have it constructed.

someone contact nintendude im sure if you ask him nicely he will unfold these hes a nice guy like that
    badass men build badass spartans
    anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Slayer View Post
    But how do you you get each part separate?
    In a 3d modeling program, delete all but one part, then export as .obj (or other pep compatible filetype), then do the same for each part. They will stay the same relative scale when opened in pep.
    Particle physics gives me such a hadron.

Quote Originally Posted by dung0beetle View Post
    In a 3d modeling program, delete all but one part, then export as .obj (or other pep compatible filetype), then do the same for each part. They will stay the same relative scale when opened in pep.
    Does blender or max have a "separate" function? Or, an action that basically takes a model and separates the parts that don't share faces/verts?
    Only asking because that might save some time when breaking the model up.

Btw: Thank you very much for sharing this file. I'm not sure if I will ever get around to building the N7 armor, but its a nice file nonetheless!
    Last edited by Hugh Holder; 12-09-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    Freelance 3D Artist - Design Engineer
    Hi res / Low res models - Animation Rigs - 3D Printing - CNC files - File Conversions / Edits
    Please follow my work or contact me at AxiomUltra Designs

What 3D modeling program is it? and sonic if your gonna try to get nintendude to unfold it its gonna be a loong time cuz i heard hes really busy for the moment
    I'm your follower in the light, Yet I'm invisible in the night
    At various sizes I appear, I won't harm you, have no fear
    What am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Holder View Post
    Does blender or max have a "separate" function? Or, an action that basically takes a model and separates the parts that don't share faces/verts?
    In Blender, you can select one vert and then hit CTRL+L. That'll 'Link' instantly to every other connected vert on that part and highlight that bit for you. After that, it's just a case of inverting the selection (CTRL+I) and deleting everything you don't want. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Holder View Post
    Only asking because that might save some time when breaking the model up.

Btw: Thank you very much for sharing this file. I'm not sure if I will ever get around to building the N7 armor, but its a nice file nonetheless!
    Hugh...

There is not a "seperate" function in Blender persay like that....

However... if the original model was created in sections, you can do this... go into edit mode (tab). In edit mode, you can hover the mouse over the particular part you wish to seperate. Hit the (L) key. That will select local object or group.... then hit the (P) key and seperate.... I have found with a great number of models that they are indeed created in seperate parts and this works well. After you get all the parts seperated, if you have some you want to group back together... just hold (shift) and right click to select the items... then CTRL (J) to join them back together...

I really hope that helps... if you have other Blender questions, just shoot me a PM

Cujo3131
    "Great grandpa was a power sander!" -- Saul Tigh

See my Ma5C Sliced Project HERE

Thanks for the input guys. I don't personally use blender, I was just asking for the OP's sake. Now that I know this though, it would probably aggravate me to no end knowing there is just a button that does this for you in Maya.
    Freelance 3D Artist - Design Engineer
    Hi res / Low res models - Animation Rigs - 3D Printing - CNC files - File Conversions / Edits
    Please follow my work or contact me at AxiomUltra Designs

Mass Effect Daft Punk Helmet - or Joker's "I don't wanna go outside" helmet.

It still could use a bit more cleaning up (there was a lot of junk inside it like the skullcap and mic boom), but it should work ok. I left the "glow" lines in for reference if anyone wants to put some el wire in it. Blacklight paint would work ok too. I took out the mic boom because it is too low-poly and too small to be useful.
    Download here.

I'm still editing the armor, so it will be a few more days until it is where I like it.
    Particle physics gives me such a hadron.

awesome! It looks really good!