Mass Effect N7 armor edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey dB, have you by chance done a high-poly model of the n7 or any of it's variants? If not, any chance one might persuade you to do so?

Hey dB, have you by chance done a high-poly model of the n7 or any of it's variants? If not, any chance one might persuade you to do so?
That's what I'm working on. I'm trying to get all the details that are only on the textures put into the model itself. There are a lot of parts that will be strictly floating faces because they are too small to pep. For example, on the chest there's the N7 logo. Instead of having it as part of the mesh for the chest, I'm making it floating faces, so you can just use thicker cardstock or whatever and just glue it to the chest armor. It will also make the unfold of the chest smoother since the mesh doesn't have to compensate for the letter shapes.

Update:

Just so you guys don't think I'm slacking, I wanted to show the changes that I've made. I noticed that the armor that I was editing was not accurate in the overall shape. The neckroll was a little too big and some other things were off. I ripped the model from the game again and started over. I've added more details such as the grooves in the armor, added strap loops, and lots of floating faces for details. I'm still working on it, but I figured you guys would like to check it out. All of the black areas are floating faces except for the circle in the back. I just colored them to set them apart as separate objects.
n7chest.jpg

Update (again):

n7male.jpg

There wasn't much to do to the legs (although I'm not finished with them), so I'm moving on to the arms. I'll use the ab section that I posted previously, since it's finished already. I'm going to redo the lower back I think. I'm not going to bother with the knuckleplates on this one. A few Scrabble tiles cut to size would work fine. I'm going to release a low-def version of the forearm because I've just started and noticed it's mostly going to end up as tiny parts similar to the jaw area of the Sharkmark IM helmet. The details can be cut out with a dremel faster than putting all the pieces together. The high-def version will be a "5" on the difficulty scale (1-5). I'm also going to only do the armored part of the boot. Since it has a strap thing going around the arch, simple boot tops (greaves or boot covers) will work for the calf section since the calves are one of the most difficult parts to make fit.

Attachments

• n7chest.jpg
    n7chest.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 213
  • n7male.jpg
    n7male.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 155
It's looking amazing. I can't wait to see what you can do for the Female N7 Armours.

Hoping to start on something soon with my foam that I have stocked in my room at the moment. Costume contest in April I hope to get into.
I should start reading up some things to prepare getting ready for this.

Keep up the great work!

Female armor ready for unfolding.
Download!

I didn't add detail to the ab section because adding a couple of foam strips will be easier to manage than assembling the small bevels. For the hd forearm plates, you can use the ones from the male armor when I'm finished editing it.

this is awesome! Just so you know I am still unfolding the full suit you released. Im working as fast as I can And Ill keep you updated

if this one is more completed Id rather Unfold this one. I cant really remember but are there no shin peices in the game?
They are just boots with a small armored section over the arch. You can just make greaves to cover the shin. The in-game model has no details at all for the shins, and the texture for it is just a lighter color on the back of the calf muscle. Some of the other armor has a definite shin armor. I'll have those done after Christmas. Someone asked for Garrus armor too, so that's coming as well. I won't be adding anything to Garrus, just cleaning it up.

WOW the male armor is amazing! My friend was looking for this so I'm going to try my hand at unfolding (if I get anywhere with it I'll let you know lol)

Thank you so much DB! I think my buddy's brain is going to explode when he sees this. Mine almost did haha

I was going to say We Must have Garrus haha. That would be awesome!
Garrus armor .obj file
I widened the hips to more human proportions. I left a lot of the undersuit on the legs because I'm sure there will be lots of variations in how people will want to deal with the digigrade leg issue. I may do more with it, but I'll let you guys decide what changes need to be made. I don't plan on building this. I will upload the battle damaged armor too for those who want it.

The 3D file of the suit is in this file but I want you to remember I have Only unfolder the HELMET remember the HELMET ONLY!
The rest on the Armor will be unfolded in the next file I post. That is in Progress right now. If there is ANYthing wrong with the file Please Message me and tell me. I have had trouble in the past with people not being able to down load my files for some reason.
Anyways Please enjoy. More unfolds coming soon! :)

http://www.4shared.com/file/IQSklrYl/N7armor_HELMET_ONLY_5f8in_Bryc.html

OMG, im not a big fan of Mass Effect but I must admit you have done a great work with the models, almost make me wanna make a male armor xD. Great job man, and thanks for sharing the files!!! CHeers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back