===Noble XERO Sangheili General Build Thread===

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleXero

Jr Member
Hiya! Xero here. If you're one of the 3 people that saw my last build thread, you'd notice that it failed. Miserably.

Story behind that, actually: night before Halloween, the temparture got to well around freezing, making my armor brittle. Upon handling it in an attempt to equip it, the chest plate cracked at a critical weak point. I was far behind and effectively gave up, thus failing my 2 week challenge. It was both a big let down and a great relief- I'd lost a tremendous amount of sleep pepping for hours with no forseeable rest.

But I'm back, with a far more resonable time frame on my plate- 6 months. That is, 6 Months until the next A-Kon in Dallas Texas. (Early June).

This go around, I'm building a complete Sangheili General!
I'm warning you- I'm a heavier set gal, so we'll just say I'm a very very lazy Sangheili. :> *squidfaced squee*

I will be posting TONS of progres shots this go around (as I have a kickin cellphone that can take equally awesome photos.) I will ALSO be BROADCASTING progress LIVE occassioinally, once we're out of the initial construction phase. For now my brother's doing most of the building since he absolutely adores makin stuff. I'll be doing the more artsy stuff. (i cant wait to do the armor)

I WILL ALSO BE LISTING MATERIALS USED IN THE NEXT POST.

So without further adeu, Here's some progress shots of what I have already:

http://www.kinzart.com/images2/2010-12-07_22-37-35_593.jpg
http://www.kinzart.com/images2/2010-12-07_22-37-44_936.jpg
http://www.kinzart.com/images2/2010-12-09_21-19-17_402.jpg
http://www.kinzart.com/images2/2010-12-09_23-19-27_280.jpg
http://www.kinzart.com/images2/2010-12-09_23-20-08_973.jpg

Feel free to ask me questions.

Here's the video i used to get me started:
(heads up, Monoyasha's a very chatty gal~ She's also a fursuit creator so FURHATERS, GTFO)

(yes, I'm a furry. deal with it)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had actually considered doing an elite costume in the future but I know I am not that good at artistic stuff although I might if the costuming group I am trying to put together here in VT goes through. Good luck on your elite I look forward to seeing more progress.

Cool, I've only seen maybe two elites costumes that look good. I wish I could make a good looking elite suit that's wearable. I favor the Sanghelios race over the Spartans, no I am not racist towards my own species.

There's Pics in the first post.. I'd convert them to IMG tags, but editing posts seems depricated... It won't let me :x

That's a pretty awesome idea for a build. I have a question though is thre Sangheli General from Halo Legends (I don't really know much about Elites)? If so, will you make that giant steel sword from the elite fight on legends? Anyways, good luck with this.

That's a pretty awesome idea for a build. I have a question though is thre Sangheli General from Halo Legends (I don't really know much about Elites)? If so, will you make that giant steel sword from the elite fight on legends? Anyways, good luck with this.
Get me some nice accurate snapshots and I'll look it over. Gotta make it light enough (housing foam is awesome for this) so it can be held by my mechanical arms im making for the costume.

Also, Just sending out my Seasons Greetings to everyone here on the 405th and Wishing them all a happy Holidays. (not that anyone will read this :p)

I'll be posting pics of the second Stilt when its built, and i'll also record a video of me doing a test walk. prolly AFTER i've had some practise so as to not ambaress myself infront of everyone >.>

Haven't seen too many elites on the 405th. Don't get discourage, post lots of pictures, and keep up the good work.

Quick update: Almost got the second Stilt done today. With some luck we'll hopefully do the first test-walk on them. I just need to get the base shoes to tack on for hold and support. I'll be recording a video to post as well :) Can't wait to show you guys!

In other news, I've got some arts for yall.

happy_halodays_by_night_eco-d35l6ku.jpg

Another update: Performed the first test walk today, rather hastily might I add. I misplaced my roll of industrial velcro, and had to do the test anchors with duct tape.

We hastily mounted the support wire on the second leg, causing a lapse in structural integrity. In the end i nearly toppled back. I am thankfully unharmed as i was within arms reach of a sturdy object to support myself on. We will make the nessecary repairs and finish the initial build before attempting a second walk. we've also come to the conclusion that we will have to extend the back end of the stilts. Normally i wouldn't need to but unlike you skinny minnies, i can't easily reorient my center of gravity and maintaining a forward stance becomes painful quickly.

We also have to find a way to remedy the impact discomfort from the balls of the feet on the stilts. EVA might just do the trick.

I've got pics of the stilts on my phone but at this moment its burried under my pile of stuff on my bed, and my nearly-complete copy of Fall of Reach. I'll upload to this past later.(thanks again for telling me how to do so, Hickeydog)

in other news.. Halo:Fall of Reach.
Greatly disappointed.
I've always had a deep hatred for master chief as a character. He's unpolished, and imperfect with all his 'perfections'. Don't get mad at me for this, but i do alot of character analysis.
Friends told me to read the novel, thinking it'd 'improve my outlook of Chief'. Instead its made me dislike him every more (though i didn't think that was possible). I also find much of the story to be self contridicting, and its further insulting that the novel's written at a 9th grade level :/ I'm no bookworm (this is maybe the 15th novel i've read to its fullest in my 20 years of existance) but i find it boring to sit through 400 pages of 'he did this. he did that'. its like Twilight with Spartans.

I digress. If this post is a breach of TOS, Let me know and i'll remove it. I know this is a build thread but casual conversation is nice between build-updates, which TRUST ME, are coming. I eagerly look forward to broadcasting more production in its later stages.Sorry i couldnt get that test video(not after it having failed so dramatically)

Sorry for going dark. Resuming transmissions.

Holidays were a doozey. Christmas wound up a collosal failiure on account of money drying up. Newyears was alright. Had some time to reevaluate the progress made so far. Im beggining to ere on the side of no stilts for now, simply for the fact that being as heavy as I am, it becomes too painful too quickly to walk on them.

While my resolution is to lose 70 pounds before the year's out(2011), i dont know if i'll have lost enough by the time Akon rolls around. We'll see.

I come baring a new picture! Sadly not of the actual project but of a quick doodle i did to show you guys my altered plans.
I really wanted to do the stilts because i wanted to be taller :( im 5'2". tiny little thing. I hide in crowds like a NINJA. and since the stilts are too painful, i'll have to settle for being the tiny elite.
without further adue, I do have this sketch that falls back on an age old fursuiting tactic of foaming the suit to give the illusion of standing on one's toes.
therefore I deem myself 'Xero, the sangheili who couldn't.' Here's a pic of the concept work. most of this I can do on my own so work will progress faster.

fatsangheili.jpg

Heee. I drew myself. Told ya i was a porker :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back