Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Q's get the A's with your host BenStreeper

Ask the Q's get the A's with your host BenStreeper

Sorry for the poor video quality but the lights are off in the store after 9:30pm cst for "Gaming in the dark"

I have 2 questions:

1) For making Foam armor, do i have to harden it, like using bondo or anything like that, or is that part not needed?
    2) To cut out the visor of a rondoed helmet, do i need a dermel, or can i use a boxcutter or scalpel?

Thanks
    I would have been your daddy, but...ahh, you know the rest.

3. Hey sir! thanks for making this!
    I have a quick question here that I've been trying to figure out for a bit...
    How would you go about making a mold of a helmet that already has a visor installed? (specifically the odst)

Hey Ben!! First time, Long time. When it comes to cutting miter cuts/angles in eva foam, do you think an electric knife or an electric scissors would be preferable to a utility knife?
    p.s. Thank you Ben, yer a stand up guy.
    p.p.s. Snazzy hat, you look like you just walked off the set of MADE.
    Last edited by alix965; 12-21-2010 at 08:14 AM. Reason: to express gratitude

5. Hey Mr Streeper. I've watched quite a bit of your stuff from youtube and, first of all, kudos; awesome stuff. Secondly, i was wondering something. I noticed that when you first resin a piece you don't line the model with resin soaked, fiberglass cloth; you just resin it to harden it up and then rondo. What are the advantages and disadvantages of your method as opposed to the other?

Also, sort of random but your hints on foaming the inside in order to sand out more detail later was very cool and i like how you add your own flair to the details. I agree very much that if you're going to make something you might as well make it your own and give it some flavor.
    "Christ died for men precisely because men are not worth dying for; to make them worth it."
    --C.S. Lewis, The World's Last Night

6. you know what, forget my previous question. I wasn't thinking properly. New question, when using latex base instead of Rebound 25 for the master mold (as you did with the mini dutch helmet), can you still use plaster bandage and rondo for the mother mold later on?
    "Christ died for men precisely because men are not worth dying for; to make them worth it."

7. Also, what is the best way to make keys for a latex master mold?

2x and 3x is a very big no-no dude, next time edit your post, go to edit post then advanced and make what ever changes are need.
    I would have been your daddy, but...ahh, you know the rest.

9. Noted. Sorry for fogging up the channel. i tried to edit but it kept having trouble going through but i didn't know i had to go advanced. Thank you sir.
    Last edited by UnbeknownKilroy; 12-28-2010 at 05:05 PM.

10. I have a random question: were you just on a cruise? I swear to God I either met you and your brothers last week or you have an identical twin from Virginia who's also named Ben.