help with reaserch

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypernight

Jr Member
i am looking up materials for my first build next year and i was wondering would a kevlar/ carbon hybrid fabric would like a fiberglass build for a, i cant think of the term...hard suit..over suit...shell? anyways i might use this in an airsoft battle so could you help me out here?

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Not to the carbon fiber but the use of it in airsoft battles. We do not recommend making armor for this purpose because one its not strong enough and you would get hurt wearing it. Two, its not as mobile as you think, its actually kind of hard to move wearing a full suit. Just a bad idea, im sure there is a thread that explains better.

Anyway, if you want to use kevlar or carbon fiber go for it. That just sounds really expensive though. Fiberglass is a good bet, easy to use and is strong.

Hi and welcome to the 405th, a group dedicated to creating costumes in tribute to the Halo games.

They are not intended to be used for inherently dangerous hobbies such as airsoft or paintball. The equipment used in those sports is certified as safe for those activities.

If anyone were to use an idea or technique suggested on the 405th and get injured, it is possible that the staff here could be found liable. Therefore such discussions are normally closed and deleted when found by an administrator.

In short, if you enjoy airsoft or paintball, that is great! But please take discussion of your hobby to an appropriate forum. This is a forum to help you create a costume, not protective equipment.

Line-X bed liner has kevlar fibers in it. you could make your armor 1/8 inch smaller in size and spray it or have it sprayed. I wouldn'y know the cost but, it most likely would put a dent in your wallet.

Carbon Fiber would be SUPER expensive. :eek Also, there's a learning curve in working with it. We did some carbon fiber flight helmets for Green Lantern, and they were a total pain to make. And we're guys that mold and cast for a living! :confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back