My New Halo Reach Custom Armor (lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteadmanStudios

So about a month ago I decided to get started on a new suit. I had built a custom Mk VI two years ago, and with the release of Reach, I quickly decided that I wanted to build one of those. For my first suit, I used Fiberglass, but for this one, I decided to try Rondo out, and soon learned to love it. I didn't use Rondo (let alone Bondo) on my first suit since i was just a beginner in costume making, but now that I have learned of its potential, I love it!
Here are some Pics of my progress so far...

My Helmet, with my visor and two small fans that will be placed in the vents to keep me cool in the heat and keep my visor from fogging up...
image_12.jpg

My Chest Piece, rondoed and ready to be finished sanding...
image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

My Gauntlet, ready to be sanded...
image_6.jpg

image_7.jpg

My Left Bicep, ready to be sanded
image_8.jpg

I am currently still cutting and gluing my other bicep and gauntlet, and as soon as I am finished, I will throw some more pics up here...

Attachments

• image_12.jpg
    image_12.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 154
  • image_3.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 133
  • image_4.jpg
    image_4.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 139
  • image_6.jpg
    image_6.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 136
  • image_7.jpg
    image_7.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 149
  • image_8.jpg
    image_8.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 159
Great job....an example of a "good noob"(its a good thing).......you by any chance had the 'stickies' to help you? :)

Thank you everyone for your comments...

I did use many of the stickies on this site to help when I came across any problems I had during the building process of my first suit.

As for a mini update, due to the storms that have been hitting where I live (Southern New England) and my seasonal job of shoveling snow, I've been trying to fit in some cutting/gluing. I have been able to finish gluing the right bicep, and now its ready for resin.
before I start cutting/gluing the right gauntlet, I've decided to print out and cut/glue the shoulder pieces together.

For my right shoulder, I'm going to have the FJ/PARA, where as on my left shoulder, I'm going to have the UA/Multi-Threat. I'll be posting more updates/pictures as soon as I finish more pieces of my armor...

Sorry, its been some time since the last time I posted an update, but between the holidays and snow storms, but here it is...

Since the last time I posted on here i was able to cut, glue, and resin the right bicep and both shoulder pieces...
Shoulders1.jpg

Also, I was able to screw in the visor for my helmet...
Helmet1.jpg

Helmet2.jpg

I also added my gamer tag to the back of my helmet...
Helmet3.jpg

The gauntlet is currently hanging up to dry from me painting it...
Gauntlet1.jpg

This is my Cod Piece, its all ready for resin...
Cod1.jpg

The file I used didn't have these indent things on it, so I decided to splice my own in buy using the pepakura file of an HD Mk VI I had from my old armor...
Cod2.jpg

And now, my chest armor...
It's about 90% finished, with a little pain here or there to go, but other then that, done!
There are 2 blue LEDs in the front that i still need to finish hooking up the wiring for (and find a good place to put my switch)
Chest1.jpg

Chest2.jpg

Chest3.jpg

Hopefully y'all like my armor, leave some comments and let me know!

Attachments

• Shoulders1.jpg
    Shoulders1.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Helmet1.jpg
    Helmet1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Gauntlet1.jpg
    Gauntlet1.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Helmet3.jpg
    Helmet3.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Helmet2.jpg
    Helmet2.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Chest1.jpg
    Chest1.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Cod2.jpg
    Cod2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Cod1.jpg
    Cod1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 135
  • Chest3.jpg
    Chest3.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Chest2.jpg
    Chest2.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 166
All of those pieces look really good, they also looked smooth before this update post. What are your plans for improvement if you have any?

Haha....great stuff there....I see at some moments, your just like me.....you slap on the paint rather that put details :p

I feel bad it takes me so long to throw up an update on my progress so far, but I hope everyone likes what they see!

I've added as much detail to the chest piece as I possibly could, making it look as "authentic" as I Could
ChestPiece1.jpg

ChestPiece2.jpg

ChestPiece3.jpg

This picture shows the wiring on the inside of my chest piece. My finger is pointing to where the switch it located, hidden on the inside of the chest piece
ChestPiece4.jpg

As for the shoulder pieces, i noticed my right shoulder piece needs to be scaled up, so I am going to have to print out a new copy of it. But as for the Left shoulder, I couldn't have been happier with the outcome!
Shoulders1-1.jpg

Shoulders3.jpg

Shoulders2.jpg

For the helmet, I added more detail to the sides, as well as on top to make it look more game like...
Helmet.jpg

This is my left gauntlet, and other then the padding, its finished...
Gauntlet1-1.jpg

Gauntlet2.jpg

I noticed that my cod piece was sized too small, and being frustrated with having to make another pair, i put it off for a little bit and decided to make this over the last week or so...let me know what you think!?!
Sniper1.jpg

Sniper2.jpg

Attachments

• ChestPiece1.jpg
    ChestPiece1.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 159
  • ChestPiece4.jpg
    ChestPiece4.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 149
  • ChestPiece2.jpg
    ChestPiece2.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 159
  • ChestPiece3.jpg
    ChestPiece3.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Shoulders1-1.jpg
    Shoulders1-1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 134
  • Shoulders2.jpg
    Shoulders2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Gauntlet1-1.jpg
    Gauntlet1-1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Helmet.jpg
    Helmet.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Shoulders3.jpg
    Shoulders3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Sniper2.jpg
    Sniper2.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Sniper1.jpg
    Sniper1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Gauntlet2.jpg
    Gauntlet2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 123
Wow, looking really good so far! Especially that sniper! Really great wood-work there! Also, I noticed you used the same helmet as me, very nice :)

wow....like the armor...u couldve sanded it down a little more during the rondo process but i still think it looks great...lighting looks sharp and i love the plating u used for the back ribbed part of the chest piece.

I actually got my fans on Ebay for only a few bucks for a few of them...They are 40mm computer fans and i have used them on all of my helmets, and i definitely recommend them

As for the plating on the back, i used craft foam with adhesive on the back. I cut them out to the desired shapes, pealed of the back, and stuck them in place. I then drilled holes along the sides of them and riveted them as like in the game. I then used some airplane model silver spray paint i had lying around and with a paper towel, i got the "wear and tear" i wanted to achieve...

I should be getting more pictures up as soon as i put some more work into the sniper to make it finished...thank you everyone for your comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back