A release and request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Da Moose

Hello, I joined the forums a few months ago, but I didn't wanna post until I had progress pictures.

Well, I'm doing a custom ODST. My chest piece is done (except for possibly an emblem) and my helmet is almost done. I hope to finish the helmet and start a progress thread by the end of Christmas break.

I want to use Mickey's left shoulder, but I couldn't find a good model, so I ripped it from the game. The game model is actually pretty nice, except for maybe one detail done in textures. Anyway, I was hoping someone would be kind enough to unfold it for me and post it here. Its still in .obj format, but I imported it to show it off.

mickeyshoulder.jpg

Here is the download link. http://www.filefront.com/17699130/mickey shoulder.obj

Thanks!

Attachments

• mickeyshoulder.jpg
    mickeyshoulder.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 124
I can do it but I'm on my way out right now so I won't be able to work on it until much later tonight. Looks like a rather straightforward unfold. I should be able to finish for release tomorrow.

Awesome, thanks so much. I'll try and start tomorrow, if not sunday.

Also, credit to Bungie for the model. I do have other ODST models too, like the sniper plates if anyone wants them.

Awesome, thanks so much. I'll try and start tomorrow, if not sunday.

Also, credit to Bungie for the model. I do have other ODST models too, like the sniper plates if anyone wants them.

Sure I'd take them, saves me having to build them ^_^

Thanks for releasing this!

Do you have the Buck/Mickey helmet attachments and the different backpacks? Or perhaps the ammo pouches that some of them wear?

Someone released Mickey's helmet, it's the game model and it has the flashlight. There is a thread
with most of the ODST armor on it and it has all the backpacks. The thread also has the Buck attachment, but it's missing the piece that comes off the back. I'll upload the game version with the extra piece to it if you want. I'll upload all of the ammo pouches too.

Thanks Jimmy,

All I really need I guess are the game models. They don't have to be pretty I plan on modifying them quite a bit to fit my build style.

Or f you want, I could just give you all the .obj files that go the ODST. There are like 32 pieces or something, but you'd be able to sort through them and take what you want.

As I understand it... and maybe someone else is more knowledgeable...
but I think the only major differences in the helmet is the "ear" area...
I know Hugh Holder was making add-ons for his helmets toupdate them
to the Reach style....

Cujo3131

Or f you want, I could just give you all the .obj files that go the ODST. There are like 32 pieces or something, but you'd be able to sort through them and take what you want.

I can work with that, haha. Thanks

@Sumofl

From what I can tell, the major difference model-wise is the ear plate cover just like Cujo said. You also have the cheek area slightly extended towards the back of the helmet.

The other differences are cosmetic such as the larger side vents on the dome being widened a bit and the pointed ends of the visor modified slightly.

Awesome Jimmy, thanks a ton!

lol, I just opened a random .obj and of course it's Romeo's binoculars. Could have used that last week... :angry

I can see the Sarge head being an essential pepakura file.

I just opened OBJ 6.... and BAM!

The backpack that I am lusting after..... might have to learn
how to do this unfolding stuff :)

Cujo3131

There is a thread with both backpacks already unfolded. I have the link saved on my computer if you want it, but you'll have to wait till tomorrow when I'm at my computer (I'm posting from my iPod)

There is a thread with both backpacks already unfolded. I have the link saved on my computer if you want it, but you'll have to wait till tomorrow when I'm at my computer (I'm posting from my iPod)

Thank you Jimmy! Much appreciated! Just send me a PM....

Cujo3131

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back