McFarlane Reach figures...am I the only one who's kinda "meh" about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should start emailing Hot Toys and ask them to produce halo figs in 1/6. Can you imagine how awesome that would be?

We should start emailing Hot Toys and ask them to produce halo figs in 1/6. Can you imagine how awesome that would be?

i thought they tried something like that. i saw a 14 inch or so spartan (maybe 12) for sale around the release of halo 3, never saw any other guys but with petroleum prices the way they were (and plastic being a petroleum product) toys in general heve become less affordable to make and to buy, so i dont see them sinking so muck cash into a huge MC again. and for display purposes a big'n is cool, but for play i would want a guy even shorter then the mcfarlane line. i still play with my joyride mini figs but without guys of similar height its weird. my odst is carrying a lightsaber because it looks good in his hands, but my spartans are doomed to use >gasp< the weapons that CAME with them!

Yea I've been noticing a lot of those problems too, but not just that, a lot of "McFarlene sacrificing articulation for detail" as absurd as it sounds. Like, the old halo 3 figures had their share of defects (johnson loses his arm every time he gets shot...my hyubasa red just uses his arm as a club it falls off so much) but they had GREAT articulation, especially compared to the old 13 inch joyride guys (who are also falling apart..-.-). The new ones, they have a sick amount of detail yea (which I think is part of the quality control issue) but it impedes their movement. They can't bend 90 degrees at the knees, they cant bend 90 degrees at the elbows, they cant raise their arms over their heads, and in some cases, the proportions are just rediculous! Jorge especially...And it seems to only be getting worse. Take Kat for example (just got her a few days ago) shes got great detail, but not only does she have the same articulation problems...she has MORE. They removed the joints in her toes, and the ones in her robot wrist, plus they inverted the pegs on her shoulder pads so they can't be swapped with any other spartans. And while I like how they cast the armor separate...it's a problem with their 50/50 painting...when Kat's "Battle Damage" silver paint is so faint that the neon teal color of her armor cuts through it like a knife...not good. Overall though, I've noticed that a lot of these issues are basically as damaging as the ones in the last McFarlane lines... I realize I just went on a rant there about how bad the new ones are...but thinking about it it seems like when they fix one thing they break another. Just look at all the reviews on the odsts, the marines, and the spartans, even from series one of halo 3...Methinks McFarlane just needs to make the rest of noble team...and maybe a Falcon ;) then really put some though into their sculpts and production techniques...

Take Kat for example ...
Me TOOO! I was trying to avoid posting here again but after seeing what you wrote I think It's a moral obligation for us as consumers to give each other the heads up. I almost ran to Toys R Us (but drove instead...meh)when I found out the second wave was out. I got ahold of my favorite cyborg chickie and got her home. I immediately noticed the deformed shoulder armor. and the bad weathering. I may buy another and customize this one. Just a quick note if you think all mcfarlane toys are created equal think again and LOOK at whats behind the plastic packaging. As an aside. I got Carter and he looked pretty good,so I considered him a lucky find...I opened him up and started to play...I mean... pose him...only to have HIS shoulder armor fall off. The pegs were molded too thin and didn't snug up properly. so thats my other two cents.
0d7101d8.jpg

Attachments

• 0d7101d8.jpg
    0d7101d8.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 134
yeah battle damage .It would be weird if she looked pristine. Btw how many of you got the square enix versions?

Dont get me started on the UNSC trooper 2-pack . Idecided to open mine and the fact that they cant even hold their gun makes me want my money back. If they could do that then I would be OH SO HAPPY! My emile figure has a crappy pant job as well......Oh wait thats "Battle Damage" .

I only bought two figures and first being the Big chief that was impeccable. The next one i bought was what made me decide that buying figures was a wast of my money and time. It was a white Standard Mk IV and the paint was... Ive seen better symmetrical and even paint in a piece of abstract art. The ankle and a few other joints had seized completely and some were even put in improper and wont stay in at all. The only positive thing at all about the figure was the fact that the visor was painted perfectly, of all things.

I have seen some very well made figures but the fact is its always a 50/50 when buying them that you even get something of any worth.

to be fair you do get what you pay for. These figures are mass market cheap stuff. You want quality then you have to pay for the square enix stuff

i dont know about you but all of the figures are great in my opinion and ive always wanted one.(especially the play arts carter)

McFarlane toys may have been monitoring this page.
the best part comes at 0:35.
C'mon September!!

Last edited by a moderator:
McFarlane toys may have been monitoring this page.
the best part comes at 0:35.
C'mon September!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUU

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm...were you trying to say EFF YEAH!? or just trying to spell out "fU**" as in "holy FU** I gotta get me one of those."
I will also add the :) to indicate no malicious intent. Lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back