Halo Reach Chest Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Black Hatter

Has anyone modeled a chest piece that has structural supports that help with warping. Ive made two now of lgandersons and each time ive added supports myself, but every time i it warps and now its really not making me want to continue on the suit,. My brain says yes, my wallet says "give up!"

So i ask you, 405ths Pepakura and Cardboard armor forum members, who has what will help me!

Has anyone modeled a chest piece that has structural supports that help with warping. Ive made two now of lgandersons and each time ive added supports myself, but every time i it warps and now its really not making me want to continue on the suit,. My brain says yes, my wallet says "give up!"

So i ask you, 405ths Pepakura and Cardboard armor forum members, who has what will help me!
The chest model made by L3X (v3) has support struts built in. Or if the original .obj file for the lganderson chest is available, you can use any 3D program to add those struts. Of course, this means you have to unfold the file yourself.

Did you try using an empty cardboad tubing (from paper towel)? They are easy to cut yet strong enough to withstand warpage. Using your previous chest pieces and determine which area may warp the most and stick several tubings inside. I think that should do the trick.

there is a reach torso, by rhinoc that has supports. v2 I made and he recently made a v3 with a stomach plate. both come with supports i think

Not to be an ass but:
gg.png

Kind of a deceptive title but still, This one is very sturdy when fully assembled.

Attachments

• gg.png
    gg.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 274
Ive looked over the SAME thread before so its an easy mistake considering its in the creation discussion, and not on the Reach File Base or in 3d modeling.

Thats true, i kind of passed that thread myself a few times, one time i was acctualy was looking for a file once and past it like 10 times before i decided to stop skimming and start reading, lol, this happens to the best of us.

Hey, I said it was a deceptive title and I know I could have been a little nicer about it sorry. Also it was trooper who was rude.....er...Um....Squirrels!

The 405th is just a bunch of jokers really, remember that.

Hey i admited that something similar had happened to me, plus i thought people, including him would get a kick out of that face palm, lol , if i was rude, sorry Black Hatter, Like RoadWarrior said, we are a buch of jokers

the-joker-joker-batman-demotivational-poster-1217553917.jpg

:p lol, again a joke.

Attachments

• the-joker-joker-batman-demotivational-poster-1217553917.jpg
    the-joker-joker-batman-demotivational-poster-1217553917.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 118
Lol, i just had to save the "Tactical Facepalm", lets all use it when a noob comes on and dosen't read stickies.

Go with l3x's chest. That's what I plan on. It has some support struts. And whenever I need more support in areas, i used skewers, the little sticks you make shish-cabobs (or however you spell it) with :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back