Reach Security helmet 3D model attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat hi555

Hey 405th,
I got bored and decided to mess around with google sketchup,
And it actually turned out quite well!
Keep in mind its just an attempt, if it fails,
I'll either pass it to someone else or just trash it.

Progress so far:

security3.jpg

Front view:

security1.jpg

Side view:

security2.jpg

Thats all for now, keep watching and comments and critiques allowed!

Thanks to WandererTJ for the ref pics from the thread Official Halo Reach Reference Thread *Pic Heavy, Spoilers*

securityfinal.jpg

LINK FOR FINISHED MODEL:

SPRTNBD50's Unfold

Attachments

• security3.jpg
    security3.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 251
  • security1.jpg
    security1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 233
  • security2.jpg
    security2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 344
  • securityfinal.jpg
    securityfinal.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 284
Awesome work so far! I'll be watching this one eagerly - Security is on my list of all-time greatest helmets to build if the visor wasn't such a pain x3

If you need help with this, let me know and I'll take a gander.

GAHH DUDE!!! Your in Malaysia, I seriously need to meet up for some lessons with you :L....Unfolder Ready(me) and how in the world this you put up pics on sketchup?

GAHH DUDE!!! Your in Malaysia, I seriously need to meet up for some lessons with you :L....Unfolder Ready(me) and how in the world this you put up pics on sketchup?

HAHA, thanks man.
I myself is still in the process of learning.

And to take pictures, use the print screen button.
There should be one on any keyboard. Just press that button and it'll copy whatever your monitor is displaying. Then you just paste it in paint or something and save. TADAAA. :D

HAHA, thanks man.
I myself is still in the process of learning.

And to take pictures, use the print screen button.
There should be one on any keyboard. Just press that button and it'll copy whatever your monitor is displaying. Then you just paste it in paint or something and save. TADAAA. :D

Nooo...I know how to do that, as in, how'd you put blueprints in sketchup?

Nooo...I know how to do that, as in, how'd you put blueprints in sketchup?

OOOOOHH, facepalm.
Now i feel stupid...
Go to file on the menu bar, then click import.
Under the 'files of type' section, selct what type of image you want like bmp, png or jpg.

UPDATE!

Top part is finished.

security5.jpg

security4.jpg

Next, back!

Attachments

• security4.jpg
    security4.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 238
  • security5.jpg
    security5.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 245
I am going to make this as soon as it is done and unfolded. This is the helmet I've been waiting for; awesome job!

It hasn't happened yet but its not a modeling progress thread until people come demanding it be finished, or for you to know when it will be finished, or requesting you build something else at the same time.

nice model, the security was a good choice to do and btw how do you put ref pics on skeptchup?i cant figure it out..

thats some good work, wish i knew computers this well.

Modelling's a doddle. I taught myself to use Blender, and now I'm onto 3DS MAX. The only real problem with modelling is that the better programs are too expensive to get unless you're a student, or if you're willing to pirate it.

Thanks for the comments guys, keeps my motivation up! :D
But i'm pretty busy with school now, i'll do it when i have the time.
Cheers!

nice model, the security was a good choice to do and btw how do you put ref pics on skeptchup?i cant figure it out..

Look at post 7. :)

It hasn't happened yet but its not a modeling progress thread until people come demanding it be finished, or for you to know when it will be finished, or requesting you build something else at the same time.

This has already been posted. Why are you posting it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back