Don Robert's Guyver Valcuria - FINISHED (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

izabel

We made a Guyver costume. We launched it last toycon, June 19,2010. We did Guyver Valcuria first. Robert will make him a Guyver probably this year.

First of, as reference, here are the guyvers:

Guyver 1
max06015.jpg

Guyver 2 - Valcuria
origimage_1_1349962.jpg

These are toy & anime references. Valcuria was introduced in the anime OVA Guyver:Out of Control

But Robert prefers the movie version. It's more organic,textured and detailed. Initially we might do the smooth finish versions first due to time constraints but eventually we'll be updating it to the organic look of the movie version.
guyver.gif

And here it is :rolleyes

dsc0364.jpg

I found a pep for the helm (will credit later because i forgot). I assembled it to see how it looks. It's kinda big but Robert adjusted via free hand. Armor will be done freehand as it will be impractical to pep the whole thing although there is a file - still unfolded though.

dsc0367d.jpg

dsc0369.jpg

dsc0387.jpg

The texture of the fig is what Robert wants for his suit.

Attachments

• max06015.jpg
    max06015.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 2,811
  • guyver.gif
    guyver.gif
    89.6 KB · Views: 502
I added you to my yahoo because I could not send you a message. Can you please hit me up. I have some questions. I am truly loving this work.

Ithica

I added you to my yahoo because I could not send you a message. Can you please hit me up. I have some questions. I am truly loving this work.

Ithica

okay. sure. but i'm having problems with my connection...it's a bit slow. i'm having a hard time loading the forum actually. T_T

here are the updates for Valcuria :rolleyes

pict0694.jpg

pict0699h.jpg

its 80% done here.

We used a strainer screen for the eyes painted yellow then he will put a plastic bottle to be painted with transluscent yellow. we're planning to use sunglasses but we can't find one with a wide lens for it.

The balls on the head are rubber balls cut in half while the balls by the mouth are actually fake half pearl earrings. it's 20 pesos a pair. lol. we will put 3 pcs more by the horn. The control metal is a christmas ball (as seen in unpainted state) but it broke when he removed it during painting. We had to find a replacement.

We'll upgrade more to put on lights and other stuff on it. We're still thinking how to mechanize the blades. One option I suggested to him is that the longer blades are removable. It's like there is the short blade already by the elbow and during catwalk the longer blades will just be attached to it. Or better there's an actual switch to automize it. We still have to think it over.

We're also thinking how to make the veins come out as it wouldn't be too noticeable with just being black.Although when you come near it you will really notice the texture.

After this he'll be making his own suit. He's planning to do the movie version, much more organic and much more dirty in texture.

Wowww I love your work. I have a few questions for you. What kind of foam and glue did you use on this costume and where can I find them?

Great work. Seems that you use foam to make Guyver. Did you think of sculpt and mold? There is one guy makes complete costume and sells it for $3,500.

See my thread.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/29126-Anyone-attempt-this

yup. we used rubber. sculpt & mold would take to long and we didn't have the time to do it also. He made this in like 2 weeks because we entered it in a competition. :)

Nice! Guyvers awesome, wish I had the figure to pull it off like you two, cannot wait to see this finished!

thank you!

Wowww I love your work. I have a few questions for you. What kind of foam and glue did you use on this costume and where can I find them?

hi thanks. we used rubber. some say its called minicell L-200 in the U.S. as for the glue its called Greco 888 Cyanoacrylate Adhesive. I don't know what its counterpart abroad.

Event: WGT 2010
Date: July 17, 2010

=====

Izabel as Guyver Valcuria. 1st female guyver cosplay.

Guyver_Valcuria_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Guyver_2__Valcuria_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Female_Guyver_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Guyver___Valcuria_by_izabelcortez.jpg

I will upload more pics. I was so happy with this. This is my 1st full-armored costume and the first female guyver cosplay. I'm very proud of DonRobert as he is very proud of himself. :D

Most of the people do not know the character even the other cosplayers as I think it's the first time they've seen one. But the night after the event, people started to text Robert saying that they researched the Guyver and that it was very accurate! They said it's so proportioned and it fitted me well. They congratulated him for a job well done. :D

It's 90% complete as there is some details missing like the gloves. We still need to correct the legs a bit (a little short for me). he will probably do new legs and this one will be his. Yep, he's making one for his own (we're always a pair.hihi) so that is something to watch out for because definitely it will be better since he already know how to do the curves.

Robert finished the suit early morning of the event day (haha.cramming :D ) because honestly he got stuck with the legs. Those curves are hell! He used 3 whole sheets of rubber for those two legs - a lot of trials and errors. phew! There is still a lot to modify. We want the texture of the veins to come out so will be modifying its paint. We might add a few details on the paint job itself.

Overall, I think Robert has once again outdone himself with this suit. I'm so proud of him! :cool

Attachments

• Guyver_Valcuria_by_izabelcortez.jpg
    Guyver_Valcuria_by_izabelcortez.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 853
  • Guyver_2__Valcuria_by_izabelcortez.jpg
    Guyver_2__Valcuria_by_izabelcortez.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 570
  • Female_Guyver_by_izabelcortez.jpg
    Female_Guyver_by_izabelcortez.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 717
  • Guyver___Valcuria_by_izabelcortez.jpg
    Guyver___Valcuria_by_izabelcortez.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 633
So impressed with this build! Can't believe I never stumbled around it! Great job!

Edit: oh it was all done today lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back