Ben Carmine COG Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotSwoof

The final COG Suits have been completed and were a hit at PAXEast 2011. Here's some photos...
196529_547806690839_199802010_31618373_994549_n.jpg

189706_547496766929_199802010_31611785_647514_n.jpg

And here's an awesome video of us playing Dance Central.

We ended up being interviewed by G4TV and got to hang out with some of the really awesome people at Epic Games! Cliffy B really liked the costumes and Carlos Ferro (the voice of Dom) labeled our armor as "Dom Santiago Approves!"

It was a lot of fun, and now I'm beginning some basic repairs on the armor and prepping it for a possible trip to E3. So let me know if there's any improves any of you think I can make!

This was all done to promote our Gears of War 2 Machinima.com series "Out of Service" which you can find here.

Just add a a thicker sole, and some armor and buckles, I would recomend a ski boot if it wasnt so derned heavy, plus a ski boot is angled forward, so im modifying one for an elite build.

is the base of your helmet a paintball mask?
looks kinda like one

It is actually, but it's been carved to pieces since then. It just had the right base and shape, plus the goggles matched.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone! We're still working on it, our goal is to have it completely finished for PAX East!

Here's the back of the head. Now that it's mostly done. Still need to add lights, detail paint and a strap for the back.

coghelmetpics2.jpg

Already started on the knee pads and beginning work on the chest plate soon.

Attachments

• coghelmetpics2.jpg
    coghelmetpics2.jpg
    95 bytes · Views: 177
Just a brief update for anyone interested. I'm going with Sphynx's method of foam for the chest piece, but I'm also going to try and mold some of those shipping barrels to help make the chest piece stronger.

Knee pads I'm good on, belts and things will need to be assembled, but the last thing on the list is the shoulder pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back