0235's ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.

well, this is NOT a WIP, thoug it may become one. this is going to be a slow boat project, possibly taking years to make, as funding is low, and so is time.

but enough moaning and depression, i am planning on making a halo 3 ODST using the supreme files made by Hugh Holder but i will also be making parts out of EVA foam, as i have seem many many piece of armour made this way, it is cheap, comfortable, but i will need to lean so me skills.

dint expect walls of updates, or even quality armour, as in fact i am making this armour for fun and training exercises.
i am with 378 Air training Corps, and when they saw my EOD armour they said "wow!! you coould play bad guys in training exercises.

Well good luck my friend, I hope you find time to finish your project!

I know how difficult finding time can be, I've been teaching myself this stuff and working through my own build for almost a year now. It can be difficult balancing time between this, your family, and your career. But we all have priorities, and for most of us they just accumulate the older we get.

It sounds like you have a fun job though, and it's good that your unit encourages you in your interests.

I always look forward to seeing a fellow ODST project. I hope everything works out for you.

Once again good luck!

-Hugh

may i say, it was you and your gang that inspired me make ODST armour, so be proud, all of you.

I know it is hard to keep motivated. I have a bad habit of starting projects and never finishing them. I hope you finish! even if it takes a bit lol

well, years by buttocks. i already have progress pics!!!!!

i am awful with foam, its so difficult to cut, also the stuff i use is really thick, but the glue gun i got is amazing, even though it is tiny, so far no breakage. when i spray it up and add some detail, it should looks a bit better, but so far so good. this is the "under armour" if anyone is interested, and also shows how tiny my room is, i am in the far other corner to take this pic!!!
sany0205q.jpg

should be done by tonight, but then again, with my deadline skills, more like next week

Attachments

• sany0205q.jpg
    sany0205q.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 221
awwwwwwyeah! updates

well, here is the core armour, its the correct size, im just too thin. luckly i can get it over my head because im srpingy.

sany0206oc.jpg

sany0207.jpg

me wearing it (lol, i need a shave, that why mah face looks odd)

sany0208v.jpg

sany0209.jpg

the problem, i am far too thin, so will need to adjust this, but other than that it is ok

sany0210s.jpg

I still have some dtails to add to the back, just ran out of day time, and there is something on the telemathingy. i have a feeling that the foam i ordered is a tad too thivk, but that just means i have more surface area to glue (and boy is there alot of glue) 7 glue stick that took!

Attachments

• sany0206oc.jpg
    sany0206oc.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 221
  • sany0207.jpg
    sany0207.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 214
  • sany0208v.jpg
    sany0208v.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 215
  • sany0209.jpg
    sany0209.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 212
  • sany0210s.jpg
    sany0210s.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 213
just started pepping, and while these files are amazing, they are very odd, with their modular-ness, which is making me wonder how they are going to be whn i get to fibreglass time. oh well thats months away, so i can ponder it. i have also adjusted the torso so it idnt so big on me, yet i can still just get in it.
my mouse sander is on the way so no more painful hads woop

just started pepping, and while these files are amazing, they are very odd, with their modular-ness, which is making me wonder how they are going to be whn i get to fibreglass time. oh well thats months away, so i can ponder it. i have also adjusted the torso so it idnt so big on me, yet i can still just get in it.
my mouse sander is on the way so no more painful hads woop

Wow you have made quite a bit of progress! At the rate you're going it shouldn't take you too long to have the parts built at least. :)

Even if the chest core is too big, you still did a great job on it. I'm sure its an easy fix, perhaps take a little off of the sides? You probably already have an idea though.

As for the files you are working on now, which one are you building? If you have any questions feel free to ask. I don't mind helping others, I know that the build method is strange.

I do recommend you hold the parts together with butterfly clips or similar before you glue or resin anything together.

As for the fiberglass, I understand that with the ODST helmet I designed you are left with "pockets" on the inside of the helmet. That is a drawback to using my files. I sacrificed ease of hardening for a more solid/symmetrical base. You can still use fiberglass and rondo, you just need to work in stages. It won't be as simple as pouring in the material and sloshing it around. It takes longer, but I think you may be happy with the 'zero warp' results.

well i made the core a bit too big, though thats been modified so its not too bad, but i made the chest assets too small (and they looks silly. oh well, i have only made one, so its only a waste of a bit of time and a bit of card board, which i can just recycle anyway.

that life, and thats the way it is.

Keep at it man, this is looking great! I had to adjust the chest core too, I'm pretty skinny as well. lol. Looking forward to more progress, even if you are taking your time, I'll keep an eye out for updates. :) Keep up the great work.

jeeze, im 5' 7" and i thought i was short. i seem to feel though that ODST's are more suited for shorter, skinnier people becasue the parts are modular and smaller, so pieces dont look odd and out of place.

PPPPPPPPPRogress.

well, here are some things pepped. as you can see this was the problem (right is old one, left is new one) i made the chest piece just too small, and it looked silly, but the rest came out very well.

sany0213.jpg

i had some problems with the stomach left and right pieces, but that becasue i wasnt looking at the pepakura version, so that was my fault. other than that it went swimmingly. just got the other hip thing to glue now, but the glue is almost out :(

sany0212.jpg

sany0211z.jpg

Attachments

• sany0213.jpg
    sany0213.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 203
  • sany0211z.jpg
    sany0211z.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 205
Dang you pepped the new belt, that looks nice! I still haven't tried to make it.

Don't feel bad about the stomach plates, I had trouble and had to go back and check the model as well :/

yesh. the belt looks amazing. i might even use it as a belt buckle (cover) once i have finished. it looks awesome.

ok. just a little heads up. for the next month all you are going to get is pep pics. its far to cold for any resin, so it might be alittle bland, but i like to get all the pepping out off the way first.

have a cod piece an fanny pack (lol, both funny names (especialy as im english ani call it bum bag))

sany0214.jpg

as for that fanny pack, dam that was a tricky pep. i got a little confused with the holes for the strapps, but its done now (wall of flaps)

sany0216c.jpg

unfortunately me precious UHU universal ran out, and i went to 5 different shops and no places sold any, so i got a cheaper brand which smells horrible, and dries a little slower.

Attachments

• sany0214.jpg
    sany0214.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 203
Awsome job so far man! I built Hughs chest core out of foam as well , and it worked VERY well! Keep up the good work!

Jacob

yes, the torso bit is almost designed to be made out of foam

well, a wuick one, i have pepped one of the shoulders (no pic) and i have never in my life gone so wrong making a pep, nearly everything i did i had to redo again, my head wasnt on straight, it also atarted off a little crooked, but by some miracle itfixed itself.

as for the torso, the foam one, i have extended the "neck" piece as it looked just to small compared to other pics that i have seen, i can always make is smaller if i need to anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back