Hoods New ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordhood32

Well as most of yall know i build the halo 2 odst last time long story short it got messed up so guess what i'm building a whole different "ODST" this time i'm building from random files i've collected over my offline years on 405th and online as well back on topic i finally decided not to be a chicken on the weapons and make one from a gun like last time this time i'm building a halo 2 sniper i'll post that when i can along some questions and pieces i'm stuck on the pictures should be better than last time i'll update this post when photobucket stops being stupid and finishes uploading them >.<

pic update

033.jpg
the pieces Places to gether note that i say placed the file came with a feel fails that i'll get into after i posted each piece
031.jpg

030.jpg

i'll upload more when photo buket stops being stupid

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 79
It's good to see you're tackling a project again. When you way you're making weapons from a gun, do you mean use a gun (Nerf, airsoft, real, etc) as base model?

its good to see that you came back, even in the face of adversity, and its nice to see that you spread your wings and pick all the files that you personaly like, not just choose one set. good luck with the armour and the gun.

question guys how do i go about cutting or folding these

014.jpg

017.jpg

022.jpg

answers would be nice cause atm those peices have the project stopped

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 87
When part of a flap and part of a piece overlap, cut along the edge of the piece. You can live without half a flap, but not without half a piece. If there would be hardly anything left of the flap, or if several faces overlap, you have to break it down into smaller sections before printing.

When part of a flap and part of a piece overlap, cut along the edge of the piece. You can live without half a flap, but not without half a piece. If there would be hardly anything left of the flap, or if several faces overlap, you have to break it down into smaller sections before printing.

You have me at a lost mate

i have no idea how to edit models are you implying that i
have to scrap this build

No, you just have to reprint the pieces that you can't cut out as they are. After solving the overlapping issue, of course.

As I said earlier, it doesn't really matter when flaps overlap each other (flaps are the little wings you put the glue onto) or when flaps overlap with a face (faces are the flat surfaces on the final model). What does matter is when two faces overlap, and it looks like that's the case in all three pictures (example: last picture, edges 431 and 432). That's why you asked the question in the first place, right?

i dont think the faces are overlapped. I think its just a really small flap. Try and cut along the solide line first then fold in that edge. It should be able to connect by glueing the flap to the face. I believe it will make a little bumpish square looking thing. In any case you should try and pep this piece because if it is an overlapping face like ventrue said you can always reprint the pieces that is overlapped.

i dont think the faces are overlapped.

They are. Note the alignment of the edge IDs; the flaps of these two edges (431, 432) are both attached to the faces on the right. That means the fold lines you see along those edges also belong to the faces on the right and the only part where these faces do not overlap with the faces on the left is that tiny corner at the uppermost end of edge 431.

take a look a picture two how do i do that one its all messed up with the angles and faces flaps i don't know now

take a look a picture two how do i do that one its all messed up with the angles and faces flaps i don't know now

That's because there's one huge overlap right in the middle of it.

You need to split these pieces into multiple smaller ones in Pepakura Designer, using the join/disjoin feature. Use the same scale as before, reprint those pieces (and just them, not the whole model) and you can go on with your build.

What i do is leave out the messed up, no way im cutting that out, pieces out. And then replace it later in the build. Just build a patch of some sort.

the project is going swimingly besides other life problems i'm working on the barrel and scope then i have to figure out how the duece i'm going to put it all together because the instructions don't have them together

i had just finished my sniper when my friend spilled soda on it and ruined it so now i'm debating if i want to start again

i had just finished my sniper when my friend spilled soda on it and ruined it so now i'm debating if i want to start again

as i look in the eyes of defeat i make a hard choise and i choose to rebuild yet i need to get some surplus tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back