Legendary Ending Speculation! NEW THEORIES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trando434

(I don't even know if I'm allowed to call it that) :)

Fake "Hidden" Ending:

Update:
:D = Proven
:angry = Disproven
:confused = Still being tested

Ok since my unfortunate ban from the Bungie Forums back in 2009 for posting leaked pictures of Halo: Reach (Bungie if you are reading this I took the pics off before I was banned, my gt is trand0 Unban me) I have no place to post this but here on the 405th.

There is a Legendary Ending to Halo Reach, as many of you already know, the smallest sliver that is known involves an eagle landing on you helmet in the game's final cutscene, and that is all we know of it (it was in the Legendary Commentary if you missed it.) My speculation is that you have to beat the game, by your self, on mythic difficulty, possibly without dying? Any others? I want the 405th to claim the right to say that we found the Legendary Ending to Halo Reach, and a cookie ;), and not the multiple teams on the B.net forums who are doing the same thing. Any takers? Please post you speculation on this, any ideas you have, and any screenshots or any tips to possibly finding the ending. (PS this is not an Assassin Skull-like myth and really exists, for Bungie had hinted there is an ending.)

Edit: I already have a team of me and three others who are trying to uncover the secret, if anyone wants to organize anything please post

Edit:
Skip to 12:47 for the confirmation of an alternate ending.

Theories:
:confused1. B.O.B. Theory - Killing all the BOBs contribute to the Legendary Ending.
-The description on Bungie.net displays, "Wipe them out..." a possible hint for the Legendary Ending.
- B.O.B.s have never been found on the level New Alexandria, until the January 19th challenge titled "Golden Tree City" stating that the B.O.B. was in a banshee toward the bottom of the level, could Bungie possibly be hinting at this speculation?

:angry2. Mythic Theory - Completing the game on Mythic Difficulty contributes to the Legendary Ending

:confused3. Armor Theory - Having Noble 6's own armor layout contributes to the Legendary Ending
-In the cutscene opening the level "Exodus", Noble 6 looks down at his/her wrist, possibly looking for the bearings on a GPS, possibly the GPS wrist attachment in the armory?
- From the cutscene opening the level "Long Night of Solace" it is known that Noble 6 is a pilot of the classified Saber project, maybe hinting at the Pilot Helmet in the armory?
-From these two armor "hints" could there be more references hidden within cutscenes or story?

:confused:angry4. Survival Theory - Surviving long enough on Lone Wolf ends in the Legendary Ending
-Surviving long enough will cause tougher and tougher enemies to replace the dead ones, is this Bungie's way of saying, "Send me out with a bang"?

:angry5. Data Pad Theory - Unlocking all the data pads contributes to the Legendary Ending.

:confused6. LASO Theory - Completing all the levels on Legendary with all skulls turned on.
- Recently Bungie has been putting weekly challenges with the title LASO (Legendary All Skulls On) and the levels have been in order, so far only 2 have been released (Winter Contingency and ONI Sword Base) maybe to give us a hint to try it?
-Bungie may be putting these Challenges up and leading them up to Lone Wolf with an extra objective to survive for a certain amount of time. The ending may just appear when Bungie says so.

:confused 7. Title Update Disk - Microsoft and/or Bungie release a Disk containing new addon content impossible to add through DLC.
- Recently Microsoft sent out System Update "Halo Reach" disks to beta testers
- Beta Testers are not allowed to disclose what is on the disks, only that they confirm they are in fact Halo Reach disks, a little strange.
- Bungie has confirmed that any new armor, campaign additions, weapons and vehicles cannot be added through DLC, a title update this large would take up 9GB on a hardrive, they also said that the only way would be to release an update disk for Reach that would modify existing data stored on the hardive in order to make it operational. What a coincidence!

Any other theories are welcome!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
This being bungies last halo game I would think there would be a UBER epic legendary ending. I hope this gets uncovered someday.

I personally don't believe the B.O.B.s have anything to do with it, due to the Marathon reference easter egg "Born on Board", but it could be a factor

Ive killed over 110 B.O.B.'s and nothin cool happened, data pads unlock stuff in the tribute room in Hasely's lab, and probably only that, so I think its difficulty, I did Halo 3's and I think its difficulty. Now the mystery is about what is the planet the chief and cortana landed on, because it apears to be forrunner, but it couldnt be a shield world, because shield worlds are meant to look normal.

I personally don't believe the B.O.B.s have anything to do with it, due to the Marathon reference easter egg "Born on Board", but it could be a factor

I'm on the fence about this one as well, however there is some strong evidence indicating it may. In the big picture, BOBs are the only Bungie easter egg to tie into Bungie.net stats and medals (The Seek and Destroy medal, and trackable kills). To our knowledge, Bungie has no way of tracking data pad progression or presses of hidden buttons. So, if I was an evil genius working for a game company set on world domination, how would I keep people playing Reach for months...and months looking for hidden content?

Exactly like the 117 million daily challenges to crack the rank cap, I think Bungie has plans for the legendary ending only when the Halo community has busted their butts killing thousands of BOBs. I guess I see it this way, if the ending existed, it would be on the disk. Anyone with sufficient experience could illegally hack into Reach's code to see if such content actually was on the disk. If it's not, and Bungie has indeed confirmed it's existence, maybe it just doesn't exist "yet".

I think the best way to speed up the discovery of Reach's legendary ending is to literally "Wipe them out...". Kill all the BOBs you can, and make a documented list of confirmed BOBs with their locations and appearance conditions. Then, spread the love, and recruit your own hit squad to track down and kill BOBs on a weekly or monthly basis.

Ive been going solo taking them all out, but I could bring some more players so I can guide them to all the spawns, so later they could kill some with their other friends.

Tell you what if you set something up I'll put you as a BOB hit-squad in the first post, I already have a team so I'm full, sorry

I wonder if BOBs spawn on Lone Wolf?

I've killed 2 or 3 BOB'S, and i guess i can help but i am only availible on the weekends at night.

Trando, tell me more about this mythic difficulty, i have beat Reach on legendary, alone, nothing happens. I have 2 ideas, one, play legendary, with all skulls on, that will be a major pain and something i would plan, and i would make the gamer do all the levels, alone. Second, maybe there is another rank cap, and once it is busted, they might release the legendary ending. Anybody know someone past Legendary rank?

Well you already got Mythic figured out there :). For all of you who don't know, Mythic Difficulty is legendary, by yourself, with all skulls on. It was considered a major achievement to all those who accomplished the task in Halo 3. It is not an actual difficulty setting though.

There is currently no rank cap, but a common idea is that once you reach the rank of Brigadier you may be able to see the Legendary ending due to it's similarities to Eagle's Wings, and in the end, like I said before, an eagle will land on you helmet in the Legendary ending, which nonverbally says that you have found the Legendary Ending.

PS IF anyone has the Legendary Commentary please post the part where the Bungie Employee states this, My token i got with my LEgendary edition didn't seem to work and I don't have it downloaded, a friend showed me.

Well you already got Mythic figured out there :). For all of you who don't know, Mythic Difficulty is legendary, by yourself, with all skulls on. It was considered a major achievement to all those who accomplished the task in Halo 3. It is not an actual difficulty setting though.

There is currently no rank cap, but a common idea is that once you reach the rank of Brigadier you may be able to see the Legendary ending due to it's similarities to Eagle's Wings, and in the end, like I said before, an eagle will land on you helmet in the Legendary ending, which nonverbally says that you have found the Legendary Ending.

PS IF anyone has the Legendary Commentary please post the part where the Bungie Employee states this, My token i got with my LEgendary edition didn't seem to work and I don't have it downloaded, a friend showed me.

mythic difficulty is also called Solo Legendary All Skulls On (SLASO) a successfull mythic mission complete requires you to do a mission without dying or restarting. ill youtube and wiki it to find any relevant data.

I remember seeing a thread on Bnet where someone had a theory on how to get the Legendary ending. Basically there were different cutscenes where it hinted to a specific armor
(after landing back on Reach he checks his wrist so it would make sense if you had the GPS attachment, or how Six is a pilot so Pilot helmet makes sense)

Dont remeber the other details but if I can find that thread Ill make sure to add a link

i think you are referring to the haunted helmet, are you?
halo_Reach_helmet_haunted.jpg

you need ALL of the helmets and thier attachments to unlock it ontop of being the rank of inheritor.
in my opinion this is what six would look like:
6.png

Attachments

• halo_Reach_helmet_haunted.jpg
    halo_Reach_helmet_haunted.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 204
  • 6.png
    6.png
    778.2 KB · Views: 265
I remember seeing a thread on Bnet where someone had a theory on how to get the Legendary ending. Basically there were different cutscenes where it hinted to a specific armor
(after landing back on Reach he checks his wrist so it would make sense if you had the GPS attachment, or how Six is a pilot so Pilot helmet makes sense)

Dont remeber the other details but if I can find that thread Ill make sure to add a link

I like that theory, actually upon closer examination of this video,
it may support BOBs as evidence as potential Legendary material as well, tune in at around the 10:50 mark to see it, I never knew about BOBs appearing on Lone Wolf before.

SPOILERZ:p
And about the Eagle landing on the Helmet at the end. Initially Bungie planned on reintroducing Jun back into the game, right as the Elite is about to impale you, a sniper shot is seen headshotting the zealot, another elite is seen stumbling toward the helmet camera and it is turned to see a Falcon with a familiar spartan on the side as Noble 6 limps toward it the helmet is seen among the dirt. As the time lapse occurs and Halsey's speech is done, an eagle glides and lands on your helmet. This was the original plan, but the Jun cameo was taken out at the last minute. They didn't say the Eagle was out though, in fact they did say there was a Legendary ending featuring it.
END OF TEH SPOILERZ:p

So my team and I haven't found anything yet, but keep searching, it'll turn up eventually!
Keep posting if you have any questions, speculations, or results! This how **** gets done!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Something that's annoyed me since day one, is at the end while you see six's helmet on the green grass it pulls left to show an apparently human vessel, this seems long after the Human Covenant war. Its apparent that the vessel is greatly advanced over the tech during the games as its design is far more smoothed and clean cut compared to the mainstream vessels we know of, during the year 2552. The thing that has me wondering is that this in itself could be a refernce to the next Halo game.

Halo itself has come full circle, we went from CE to three and back before CE, what more can be done, another side story like ODST or do we go back even further in history, maybe even fallow up on the chief and completely deviate from Halo into another world, that i don't want.

Whats possible in the halo universe is to move foreword, a lot can be done in this future like the relations of the remaining covenant worlds and humanity, the flood definatly still exists and will always be a threat and the covenant cant be all gone, new factions might exist after the religion was scattered and fractured buy the lose of its main force, and the Elites themselves refer to this as they state they want to go to their Home World to know its safe. And what about the elites, after years fighting humanity they cant be all "happily ever after" with us, that would just happen way too fast for anyone to except. and Lord Hood says that exactly (I cant ever forgive what your kind did to mine"

So far all the halo games have pointed to the future, hinted at conflict within it, even Reach refers to a future beyond even Halo 3, the only way halo can go is either another full cirlce with back stories and side story's or move forward.

This end scene could just be something of equal to the secret ending, staring us in the faces in plain sight but you cant find because we are so obsessed with finding some new and exiting video, unlocking Halo's version of "Da vinci Code". Or probably just be saying that humanity survives the war and moves on. im just tired and nery without sleep.

Well the normal ending to Halo Reach points out that the conflict is over, the plants, blue sky, and ship represent hope and success (counting it is 30 years after the Human-Covenant War). It doesn't point much to a future conflict as much as it does the end of one. Many people speculate that this ending goes hand in hand with Halo 3's Legendary ending, that his ship landed on Reach, but as you can tell it is fully built and completely operational unlike the Chief's unoperational half frigate. I was really hoping someone else would answer it before I did, they would probobly have explained it better :$

Sounds plausible enough, though you guys are noting a lot of stuff in that last cutscene I didn't...plus, just to draw from some C canon here, the masterchief monument still presumes chief is dead 50 years after the event...and while the monument stands toa battle we never see him participate in on earth...the general timeline could appy? As to the BOBs I think that sounds reasonable enough...since you barely get anything for killing them otherwise, and considering they're substantially more deadly than any other elite you'd think you would get something. IDK where any of them are besides swords base and new alexandria tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back