Reach custome build / WIP WIP WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey 405th,

Update Time.
As I said in my first Post „I want to make this Armor as accurate as possibly“so I have to edit a few details.
The ears, in one of the Picture above. I also want to put LED lights in both of the….

Here I had bondo the backside of the helmet to get a round shape, because in the pepfile there are sharp edges

For the visor I have a real good Idea.
I put some adhesive foil on the visor and spray a Matt effect on the visor so I get the 2 effects.

I hope i can make you follow my tread :)

*Chuckle* The word you're looking for is "Matte". You were close! I just imagine Matt doesn't want to be plastered all over your visor...

Just a bit of fun :)

Your helm is looking fantastic! And I'm curious what model that is as well because it looks extremely simple. I love the hard angles on Carter's Helmet.

Wow!!! Really good details left on this!! Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks a lot, also i wish you luck for your armor. First i want to build the Scout helmet but then i decided to build da Mark V , so i can't wait to see your helmet finished.

*Chuckle* The word you're looking for is "Matte". You were close! I just imagine Matt doesn't want to be plastered all over your visor...

Just a bit of fun :)

Your helm is looking fantastic! And I'm curious what model that is as well because it looks extremely simple. I love the hard angles on Carter's Helmet.

Thanks for the correction :)
I hope the Matte spray holds on the visor :D
What model the helmet is? Look at the first Post, there i post all the links.

Wow, I must say this is coming along very nicely! Your bondo work looks very smooth. I really like how you did the ear area. I know that is a very difficult area to work in, I am very impressed. Keep up the excellent work, I really look forward to seeing this completed.

Wow, I must say this is coming along very nicely! Your bondo work looks very smooth. I really like how you did the ear area. I know that is a very difficult area to work in, I am very impressed. Keep up the excellent work, I really look forward to seeing this completed.

Thanks, Jea the Bondo is very smooth BUT when i bondo and sand the areas, the next day there are little holes in the bondo.
So I have to rebondo and resand, I don't know why! Have you got an idea?
The ears are out of wood with bondo on the top. If you watch exactly you can soo the wood :p

This is a very decent build, and your updates are very well written, please keep it up.

Thanks, you will definitely find some mistakes because my English isn't perfect, I'm from Austria :)
I will have a look at your progress if the time allows :)

You should make the finish coat with wall plaster, the white one. Apply a thin coat and sand it very smooth, then primer. This is a trick for molding purposes.

You should make the finish coat with wall plaster, the white one. Apply a thin coat and sand it very smooth, then primer. This is a trick for molding purposes.

Yes I am using the Wall bondo, iatz the smoothes bondo I get but the problem is that the bondo is so smooth, that its very hard so sand.
I'm sanding abut a hour only for the middle area of the backsite (the 3 Areas of the backsite) But these little holes are still coming -.-
But as you say maybe they get close if I primer the helmet. I hope :D

Anyway, you should use primer and then apply a coat of wall bondo over the holes. Then sand, then primer. Just repeat the proccess until you get a smooth finish. You should apply the primer because, if not, when sanding the new coat of bondo you will make some holes over the old bondo coat. At least that works for me.

Here is a thing I built a year ago so you can see the smooth you can get with the proccess I told you:

img0034kt.jpg

Anyway, you should use primer and then apply a coat of wall bondo over the holes. Then sand, then primer. Just repeat the proccess until you get a smooth finish. You should apply the primer because, if not, when sanding the new coat of bondo you will make some holes over the old bondo coat. At least that works for me.

Here is a thing I built a year ago so you can see the smooth you can get with the proccess I told you:

img0034kt.jpg

Ok Bondo - sanding - primer - bondo - sanding - primer. Ok let's try this
Thanks for the Tipp i didn't know that i can rebondo over the primer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back