ONI/ ODST Spec Ops Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the idea for a custom ODST build/ paint that was not related to the ODST game. Insted I thought it would be cool to envision a secretive division of ODST that were ONI's special warfare group. Perhaps a paint job closer to the ODST concept art. Other ideas are welcome as well.

Pics:
Chest Plate
7f49a772.jpg

Also, Belt/ Hip plates
ee5fc6f3.jpg

More coming soon...

Attachments

• 7f49a772.jpg
    7f49a772.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 260
  • ee5fc6f3.jpg
    ee5fc6f3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 247
ONI officers get recon, and spec ops are usually customized to a certain class, like cqb or sniping, and i think recon fits sniping best.

There's nothing to suggest that every officer gets Recon, I think that was just a limited edition for certain officers.

I was picturing something like this:
Halo_3__ODST_Concept_Wall_by_Dread_Kestrel.png

Maybe like the red one? Or just a theme like this.

Attachments

• Halo_3__ODST_Concept_Wall_by_Dread_Kestrel.png
    Halo_3__ODST_Concept_Wall_by_Dread_Kestrel.png
    544.9 KB · Views: 1,603
well ODST is already a special warfare group which is under SPECWARCOM and headed by colonel James Ackerson. but anyways u have a good idea my wife did this last year on her armor she did a custom ONI RECON ODST OPERATIVE which is from the book we are writing.....heres the link to her build http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/23836-Oni-Odst-Recon-Opertive-Wip
but i cant wait to see what u choose to do for your designation(sniper,cqb,demo,heavy) i will try to follow this build tho.

lol its not mine its my wifes book which she is spartan-087 lol im just helping with ideas and im doin the charater drawings and cover art......

Gauntlet done, and currently flipping the pattern for the other one.
c7cd123e.jpg

Also, here is a list of weapons I'm going to be building:
Two M6C socom pistols
The SRS99 Sniper Rifle (the reach one)
DMR
Mauler
Missile Launcher
(the concept with the last two being that spec ops troops had access to the missle launcher in its prototype stages, and that some mantained Exotic weapons ( like the mauler) as a personal choice, and owing to its short range capabilities.

I am also still looking for a good model of the shotgun and a good unfold of the reach rocket launcher, though I can unfold the latter myself. Its just always handy when its already unfolded.
Be back soon with more pics and weapon updates!

Attachments

• c7cd123e.jpg
    c7cd123e.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 204
Wow it sounds like your gonna have a mini armory! I like how your pep work is very clean, wish I could pep like that. Keep it up!

itall looks and sounds really good so far man, after you posted a pic of what you were going to do i got a better idea and everything is looking great5 so keep it up :)

If I remember right someone released a very nice file of the shotgun last week or so, it was broken into pieces and looked to be a very nice bit of work. I would check in the 3G modeling section.

@Brandon McClain: I'll check that out.

@Road Kill: I need to find a way to get a unit patch together, or at the very least the symbols that will go in the shoulder, but I was origionally thinking of somehow mixing the ONI symbol with a squad symbol, like that of Noble. I am gonna stick with the grey cammo/ red theme though, maybe some yellow in the symbol.

@Sgt. Freezer: Thanks! I have been doing pep for about four years, Since this site was only like 1000 members I think. If you like clean pepakura you might like this:
0bc43477.jpg

It's about two feet tall XD
Heres a teaseer of the Missile launcher, first of its kind that I know of:
7d9545ed.jpg

More soon, Enjoy!

Attachments

• 0bc43477.jpg
    0bc43477.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 7d9545ed.jpg
    7d9545ed.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 229
Wow that crazy! I'm really impressed know! Haha well now you can call in some drone support if the covies start to overwhelm you.

Very good idea! I appreciate it when people are willing to customize their armor a little. I refuse to believe that ODSTs look the same across however many hundreds of worlds they protect. Good luck, bud!

Update:
MAULERRRRRR!!!!
f23303e5.jpg

It has a detachable magazine too. It will eventually be threaded with pipe fittings.
122bfb66.jpg

89e2d2ce.jpg

And last of all, finished the middle section of the lower chest:
daf31bb0.jpg

Questions, comments? Stay tuned!

Attachments

• 122bfb66.jpg
    122bfb66.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 89e2d2ce.jpg
    89e2d2ce.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 194