What's YOUR irrational fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alix965

A co-worker and I were talking at work (nyc subway tunnels) about this and as we were walking thorugh an especially dark section, he brought up zombies. As if on cue I started shivering, and began imagining what I would do if all of the sudden the shadows started crawling with undead activity. If I had even hinted at the fear I was feeling, this guy would have Effed with me the whole time, so I kept my fear to myself. He however seemed perfectly fine, describing the fear he has of clowns, but considering that this A-hole was real, I can't say I blame him. But the Living dead? that's just ridiculous right?...RIGHT? Still it chills me just writing about it.

Name your irrational fear, and what if anything you can do to keep it in check.

Spiders, there the worst things on this planet. I try to keep my room as clean as I can and avoid them. One night I had a dream that involved an over sized spider, the dream makes me shiver because it was disgusting. I woke up and saw something move on my bed, it became a OMG WTF moment. For several several hours I stayed in my computer chair avoiding my bed, still not sure exactly what it was since it was to dark to see.

Spiders, there the worst things on this planet. I try to keep my room as clean as I can and avoid them. One night I had a dream that involved an over sized spider, the dream makes me shiver because it was disgusting. I woke up and saw something move on my bed, it became a OMG WTF moment. For several several hours I stayed in my computer chair avoiding my bed, still not sure exactly what it was since it was to dark to see.

EXACTLY!!! I cannot stand anything with eight legs. ESPECIALLY the shiny ones like trapdoor spiders. The movie Arachnophobia is the worst. eeewwww. Its even worse because my live in girlfriend collects tarantulas. Man, i cannot stand them, but i let her have her hobbies, haha.

I'm horrified of things in the water that I can't see. Even if I'm in a swimming pool full of clear water I always feel like something's creeping up on me when I turn my back. I went snorkeling in mexico with a boatload of people so I guess I felt some sort of safety, but after looking down into the water for a while I glimpsed a HUGE fish swimming away. I almost died I was so scared xD

Clowns they make me feel like i'm being looked at by a homicidal sociopath. Who wears freaky cloths and makeup to make kids laugh (creepers do).
The first time i met a clown i felt like i was being fed to lions.

Deep, dark open water. I LOVE horror movies, but after watching many horror movies about marine man-eating reptiles/fish, I don't feel safe in lakes and oceans anymore, haha! It makes you so vulnerable. I mean, anything could attack from any angle!
You could be swimming in shallow waters, then out of the blue, a whale could come out of nowhere and accidentally swallow you.
You could be treading in the water, and some toothy fish comes up from under and pulls you down into the dark.
You could be showering and parahnas swim out of the shower (jk).

i would say weid looking bugs, like ExGravity said wide deep open dark waters where anything can be there, clowns, and ghost movies and stuff like that

Definitely spiders. They all deserve to kiss a shot-gun barrel. Zombies on the other hand, I welcome... I'm ready for the uprising! (and slightly bored of waiting lol)

Not to sound hard or anything but, it takes alot to really get to me. I carry concealed (That means I actually carry a gun, I am licenced too). I've had Guns pulled on me, had a bear break into my Cabin in michigan while I was in it, been in 3 near fatal car accidents, bitten by a Rattlesnake, Bitten by a small shark while snorkling, Caught 7+ plus foot carnivorous fish out of the ocean and to top it off I own a 9 Foot Boa that's killed 2 dogs and 3 cats.

The only thing that really screws with me, is the unknown. Being out Camping and getting lost while finding a spot to dig whole at night. Being out Night fishing for Large Catfish and the batteries die in my lights while I have a fish or something on my hook.

Not knowing what could possibly be out there when I don't have at least my knife on me, that terrifies me.

Even where I live, I take out my trash with my 22 lever action across my back. We have wild dogs, pigs, coons, giant possum and a few bear. I know a 22 isn't much but it's better then nothing.

Clowns and emeril lagasse...I find those completely rational though... I'm serious about emeril lagasse...long story.

My fears are unknown but causes me EXTREME panic attacks....if you did not read my blog my attacks make me feel like I am having a stroke or heart attack, i get sweats, shivers, muscle spasms, and black outs.....I think mine stems from everyday stress whether its due to work, money, family etc.... it just balls up inside of me until i just flip out... for example today I freaked out my blood pressure auto went to 163 over 101 with a heart rate of 100 even..... yeah scariest thing ever, but i deal with this day to day as I take my Lorazapam which eventually evens me back out... If you have a hard time coping with life do not keep it balled up like myself instead talk to someone about it and maybe save yourself from this crap

I'm silly to Jester in this regard... except I havn't been through nearly as much (or carry a gun). But it takes a lot to get me scared. Maybe it's thge whole living in Australia thing (almost everything can kill you... including wombats. And the gorramn koalas D: ). But that being said, I CAN get rather scared of large, deep, open water. I dislike the idea of a Great White or Tiger lurking somewhere down there. And if I'm not careful my mind can start devising irrational situations that scare the CRAP outta me.

I am also scared of the unknown. Like, looking out into the night and having no idea what is there. There is so much on this planet (not to mention the universe) that we don't know about. Again, this only really afects me if I let myself think about it. Which is why thinking is something I don't do too often :p

I think the irrational scenario thing is my horror-movie-tuned mind telling itself "why aren't you prepared for this!? YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO PEOPLE WHO AREN'T PREPARED!!!"

The only other thing that really puts me on edge are the giant bugs from King Kong... I am, SERIOUSLY!!! D:

like so many other mine is spiders. with a very active imagination the dreams that i have are insane. giant spiders, transforming spiders, people spiders, or even a recurring dream that i call the "nightmare of a thousand spiders" where my mind invents thousand of different species of spiders, animates them all at once and throw them all at me all at once usually putting them in the way of something that i have an insatiable need to get to like a car or a person. i'v also had some dreams with very animated single spiders like the one where i was in an elongated shed that had two doors on the opposite side of me but there was this giant (and i mean like head sized) jumping screaming spider that would fly from one side of the shed to the other letting off this terrifying scream. the thing blocked off me and another persons escape until one time i timed a run past it and started, quite ironically, to scream at the other person that i wasn't going to get any sleep tonight. then i woke up. that was my worst nightmare and so far it's stuck with me incredibly vividly for about 6 months now.

...ok enough of talking about that i'm gonna go try and get my mind off of things so i might actually be able to sleep tonight without being paranoid...

wow in only a couple of hours this thread got 15 replies. Personally I'm afraid to face my fears...but maybe I can help you guys out a little bit.
Upchuck, Mitch and Lord.
Fool, Ex
Ironium
Sean, Norox
Jester and Swift...is this you?

Dude that was horrible, I've seen some of the after math those camel spiders have caused and heard the horror stories of how big they get, ridiculous. And that Curry bit, that's reason are afraid of Clowns!

No, I could never High kick like Norris and my dog is Part Chow, Husky and Black lab. She goes everywhere with me.
Oh and My German Shepherd Zues weighs in at 180lbs. IF something gets passed them on my Property, then let the lead fly, and I don't shoot like a Panicky little girl either.

I agree with Swift, It's the Horror-Movie-Tuned mind that keeps me from sleeping at all possible when I'm out in the woods.

Too funny!

Lets see......Ghost, pictures of ghost:)P), heights, darkness, clowns, dolls, falling objects, I like swords....BUT I F***ING HATE NEEDLES!, losing someone close, graveyards, losing my phone :p, aliens, things I can't see in the water(long story), getting lost, Homos, Hobos asking for money, robbers, hands coming towards me, being breathless, sometimes heat(I get heat stroke.....very easily), things behind me that I can't see, strangers, untamed dogs, turkeys chasing me, nightmares, Ke$ha, detached limbs, things hiding in your shoes, cockroaches, roller coasters, electricity, scorpions and tarantulas.

I listed 32 things :D, but on the other hand, I can handle Zombies, except for Jockeys, spitters and boomers.....oh and running zombies :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back