Check out my HALO paintings! (picture heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

testdrive

Jr Member
So I've been lurking this site for a while and working on some armor of my own; nothing quite finished, but hopefully I'll have some soon.
I'm really grateful for all the work, the files, the help and everything that's been available here, so I wanted to share with you all some of the paintings of Halo Reach I've been working on! I know 405th is all about building the halo universe, but I figure art can also contribute to that. If this post breaks any rules in any way, let me know and I'll understand.

The goal here is to paint all 6 team members.

My first one was Noble 6:
P1250189.jpg

Emile:
P1260235.jpg

I am currently working on Kat. If it isn't breaking any rules, I'll post update pictures so you can see the painting process.

Enjoy!

I LOVE the depth you're adding to the armour pieces. It looks less like flat surfaces and more like an intricate collection of armour slates.

Super cool :) you should have these scanned. I'd love to use them as my computer desktop!

I LOVE the depth you're adding to the armour pieces. It looks less like flat surfaces and more like an intricate collection of armour slates.

Super cool :) you should have these scanned. I'd love to use them as my computer desktop!

Thanks!
I'd love to scan these in, but these are too big for my scanner. They're 24"x36".
I need to find a place to put these into digital files. Maybe kinko? Never done this before.

Those are baller dude. Do you have any battle paintings, or even just enemies?

My only advice would be try taking advantage of your background a bit more- perhaps put in a vast landscape?

Those are baller dude. Do you have any battle paintings, or even just enemies?
My only advice would be try taking advantage of your background a bit more- perhaps put in a vast landscape?

Thanks! I don't have any battle paintings; I just started painting HALO-themed things, but I have lots of ideas in line. The focus is on the characters, so I tried to keep backgrounds to a minimum. My next piece, though, has more of a legitimate background.
Here's the sketch plan for the next painting:
P1260238.jpg

Holy smokes. If ever there was a place where such talent would be appreciated it is here.'I mean wow. Seriously?!? That is absolutely stunning! Would you ever think about letting some of s purchase some of these works of art or is it a just for you kind of thing? I am seriously blown away by these. I wish I hand that kind of talent. Is this on canvas or a different medium?

Wow, Incredible stuff! I am a honest to goodness paint junkie. I love paintings. Especially war paintings, and war paintings that show emotion. I'm gonna be watching this thread.

You know the feeling when your knees weaken and you need to "take a dump" when you see something cool or exciting.....thats how I feel right now!!

it looks like oil paint... suggestion, if you do a scene from winter contingency attempt water colors. I think its a more organic approach to painting landscapes.

But great work!

These are very good! Are you using Acrylic or Oil basd paints? Anyways, excellent work. Keep posting your pictures! You have inspired me.

Thanks, everyone, for all your awesome comments!

I paint for fun; has nothing to do with my profession whatsoever. But I do plan on making a portfolio this year to send it in...and these will certainly be in it!
I do plan on doing the entire Noble Team.
And yes, I do plan on putting these up for sale once they're all done, dried and varnished.

These are all oil paint on stretched canvas, 24"x36", so they're pretty big.
I'm trying to find a place that can scan these in for me so that I have cleaner images of them.

Hopefully I can start on the Kat painting today...but I have school and work so it probably won't be until late. And I really want to do a battle scene, but should probably finish the team first. One thing at a time, XD

these are amazing! do you paint any other video game characters because I would love to bye a painting or two from you these are just epic.

jawdrop1236883259.jpg

Could you loan me a shovel? I need to pick my jaw up off the floor.

You really need to scan these. These are absolutely incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back