Alec's Spartan III project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, have my visor shipping, a splitter for my speaker/voice amp setup shipping, the speaker just showed up, printed the Forged bicep, and I made some progress on my foam boots. Phew.

Question though, if I open my bucket of resin how long do I have to use it? Same with respirator cartridges?

Wow that's a nice model, but I'm not sure whether or not I'm making a specific character or if I'm making my noble six. Right now I'm only building the base parts until I can decide.

Visor showed up. I'm a little disappointed it isn't as gold as it was in the picture but I guess you get what you pay for. Does anyone have a link to a fairly inexpensive gold face shield?
7c998aa5.jpg

we have the same name lol. on topic - i like the visor you have now, your chest piece and knife look very clean if pepping.

Alright, so I've reached a dilemma. I've been debating doing Noble 6, Carter, or my Noble 6 (With Secuirty shoulders):
playermodel.ashx?rpis=mC$9ST1tN6GsVONw0hifvw==.png

and I've been leaning towards Six or Carter because I would actually be recognized as that character, so I bought a gold face shield. BUT, when I went to class on Halloween as an ODST I would get called "Master Chief" or "Halo Guy" or "f&%" (haters gonna hate). Over the weekend I've been thinking I should return the gold visor and get the Iridium blue face shield they have: http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=5000&L2=1&L3=105&L4=&item=CGC_AH4-BLUE-IRD because no one will know who I am anyways so why not be what I want.

Opinions?

its your armour man should be how you want it, hope to see some more progress to your work looks really good

Of course! I'll get some pictures up in just a bit, just need to finish some work and I'll take them.

After a busy weekend attending Botcon, here is my progress:
IMG_0456.jpg

I have the other shin I'm working on and I'm redoing my codpiece with Roadwarrior's.
Month and a half until Comic Con!

40 days until Comic Con!
Commando UA, Roadwarrior's cod, and foam boots and my core pieces are finished. After that I need security shoulders and I think that's it. Well that and the kukri
256673_2141625267332_1447222258_32678313_7652164_o.jpg

30 days until Comic-Con!
So how's the sizing on the shoulder? I think it looks a little big but when I look at reference pictures it is still pretty big.

I'm just about to print out my Commando helmet too. My head is 230mm but I'm just thinking about bumping it to 290mm since it is the default scale and since that would provide room for padding and such. What do you guys think?
ee8b9d23.jpg

I mean, I look at this reference and it seems like it'd be right.
Screenshot2011-06-23at100555PM.png

Maybe it looks big because the torso piece isn't in the picture, I would put it on, but with the supports I can't fit in until I split it.

Like this it looks fine so I don't know. Maybe I'm just biased and trying to justifying keeping it because I'm low on cardstock.
7fb8b077.jpg

Other than that 290mm height doesn't seem too big for a commando helmet does it?

And here it is. All pep work is finished, I might build an M6G using foam, not sure on that one. I might just use my Halo 3 Nerf AR, instead of building another weapon. I've got less than 2 weeks until SDCC; it'll be close. I'm resining/fiberglassing all today and order some strapping too. I managed to jury rig a PA/music system so that's good. Need some foam work for soft armor, boots, and spine plates. And then of course there's bondo and paint but we'll get there when we get there.
Hm, reading this makes me realize just ow much work I have left.
177c1afb.jpg

Well I know I'm rambling here, which is probably because I haven't gone to bed yet. And with that, I'm off.
00f67249.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back