First build (H3:ODST)(Image heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hive

Jr Member
This is our first build, photos are being taken daily of our progress so we'd like to share!
Using Hugh's awesome armour files and Kirou's shoulders!(Thanks!)
Currently about 3 weeks in so check out our progress, and tips are always welcome! :D
So here's our photographic diary. :)

If you're after the files required for this build go here:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24388-Hughs-Odst-Build
Remember to thank Hugh!

Week 1!
Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day 5 and 6:

Day 7:

First week over, now here comes the rage..
Week 2!
Day 1 and 2:

Day 3, 4 and 5:

Day 6: Break time.. I was close to death!

Day 7:

Week 3!
Day1: Fibreglassing begins..

Our cushy set up :D

Thanks! We'll keep em' coming, tomorrow's another day. ;D

Okay we forgot to take photos at our last glassing session, so here's today work!
The first leg, Hugh's model is amazing, looks awesome when it's built!

nice job, very quick too. i wish i could see the fine quality of your pep though :/ other than that, good job. its all coming along nicely

Thanks! I grind through the pep fast, up to 6 hours in one sitting D: We'll definitely get fine detail pictures on the helmet, most of these photos were taken to show Joe the progress so they weren't really detailed. :)

We did more glassing today too so those photos will be up later :D
-Elliot

You have an amazing pepping speed, my friend. Quite impressive. I'm like you in that I can sit for hours on end and pep, but I'm nowhere near THAT efficient. I'll be watching this build. Good work so far!

Thanks for taking an interest in our build! I've found the key to diligent pepping is background TV and cigarettes, though that's just my personal method. XD The thing that slows my building down a lot though is not having a windows computer, I can't have pep open so I'm forced to search for the right piece number by number, it's pretty disheartening. D:

Thanks again for taking the time to comment! We got the chest core and a shoulder fully glassed today, so expect more news soon. :)
Elliot.

It really amazes me how quickly Elliot can pep, as well as how well we can power though the glassing together, really im just hoping our end product is up to scratch, we have seen some amazing ODST builds and i think the bondo and painting section is really what makes or brakes it, course, im looking forward to putting in some fans and grinding out the detail, i feel kinda guilty for not having done my share yet =P - Joe

Ahh it's not as bad as you think! Just match the identical pieces and you're half way there! What're you working on at the minute? :)
- Elliot

At the moment, I''m working on Jorge's armor. I'm about 40% done on the pepping. I'm not to the point where I'm satisfied enough to create my own thread yet, though.

hey you should, me and elliot are really getting into the idea of working on reach armor next, would love to see how other people go about it - Joe

Nice! Should be absolutely epic. We made this post as kind of a diary, thought it'd be nice to be able to look back on the progress!
Make sure to send me an IM when you start a thread though, I'd like to check it out
The armour in reach is brutal, we want to work on Noble armour/an air assault helmet after this but it looks insanely daunting! The detail makes me weep, glad yours is going well!
-Elliot.

Update: 8th Feb - Core/shoulder fully glassed/resined

Dang you guys are pretty freaking fast at pep and it is very nice clean pep work too :) keep up the fantastic work and really can't wait to see more :D

Dang you guys are pretty freaking fast at pep and it is very nice clean pep work too :) keep up the fantastic work and really can't wait to see more :D

Thanks a lot man, we really appreciate that. Much love!
- Elliot.

Awesome you get it done so fast as well!
Cheers! Your pep work looks great too, keep it up and we will too! =p
-Elliot.

Seriously guys, thanks a lot for the positive feedback!

Its all thanks to good teamwork =P really guys thanks, if you have any tips for us on how we can improve please feel free to throw em at us - Joe

Update: 10th Feb
Bondo nation!

Testing the turtle shell.

Bondo pre-smoothing

First round of sanding (Rough sand then wet sand)

More work soon! :D

@KrovikanCorvinus
Most of the parts are made by Hugh, the shoulders are by Kirou. Just google "Hugh's ODST build" and it'll get you to the 405th page!

@Rangebro
We like taking the photo's in black and white now, because we're a bit weird like that XD Sometimes I just forget to turn greyscale on. =p

That's incredible work. Your motivation is a credit!

Thanks a lot man! We're working fast because Joe needs this for a con, (1st of April) so he commissioned me to get it done!
Also the fact that Halo armour makes us as giddy as little girls.. can't ignore that!
-Elliot

Edit: We've just decided now we're gonna' bondo the whole chest.

Yeah having a friend who's willing to help you out is a big help as i work stupid shifts, then when we are together we power though quickly, its been a good laugh so far - Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back