First build (H3:ODST)(Image heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a minor update, we haven't worked in awhile so this is what we did today.
Some parts sprayed and ready to be painted.
Some parts glassed and ready to be sprayed (We tried resin fibre compound for the first time and the stuff is utter win!)
And got a lot resined! Oh, we decided to try salvage the old chest, it's covered in body filler atm, needs sanding! Again, thanks for the kind words!
-Elliot

Just a minor update, few more pieces pepped, i'm fiberglassing more tomorrow.
Also trying on a few of the pieces, oh, and my brutal Borg arm.
Joe's ordered his undersuit parts too, so it's gonna' look sweeet!
-Elliot.

Thanks again Roadkill! We should be finished in a couple of weeks, if not definitely by the 30th of march, that's our final deadline. ;D
-Elliot

Update: 17th March

Soooo we got a lot done today ;D
Resined helmet/cod/back piece/new shoulder/belt/gauntlets.
Fiberglassed cod/back piece/belt/legs/gauntlets.
Sanded down and sprayed what you can see. Also some interior parts have been filled with foam that needs sanding down.
Getting more done tomorrow, suit should all be finished up in a week or two! There's more pieces than what're in the photos, but these are just the ones we worked on today =p
-Elliot

Looking good! You're going to have a great set of armor. Please do it justice it and keep it a good paint job. :)

Thanks man! Hopefully will, painting's both our speciality so I think it'll come out alright :D

PS: Your helmet's looking super sexy!

visor should be done tomorrow will be mirroring it and then its done, also the under suit chest piece should arrive so that will be done too paintball pads ftw xD - Joe

well arent you making some good progress/ everything is looking really nice so far, thoug i got a bit confuse as to wh you would foam fill some pieces? is that insetead of fibregalssing them?

well arent you making some good progress/ everything is looking really nice so far, thoug i got a bit confuse as to wh you would foam fill some pieces? is that insetead of fibregalssing them?

Hey, we still fiberglass the inside of the pieces. The foam is for a few reasons: To seal off all the nasty fibreglass, to make it a structurally solid piece, reinforces it, adds a tiny bit of weight and will make a nice solid piece when it's cast. It makes it easier to attach the pieces too, having a flat surface on the back, larger surface area!
Edit: Few snaps of the undersuit, it'll be tucked in to the trousers so you wont see the ghastly logo =p
-Elliot

nice under armor, I might have to find something like that for my build and great odst build so far.

Thanks dude, the under armour's freakin awesome, by the paintballing brand Proto, the gloves are sweet too! We think it'll work for a noble undersuit too so all's gravy!
-Elliot

Sorry for double posting, newssss just in! Fri 18th March:
Helmet and other shoulder glassed, few more things sprayed ready for painting. :)
-Elliot

Update 21st March:
Got a fair bit painted today, the helmet's away in the shop while the visor is being moulded.
All the chest's ready to go, but the painted bits still need a black ink wash and the core needs cleaning up. well you can see from the photos!
(I just realised the colour looks weird in the photos because of the lighting, they're a pretty dark grey IRL!)
-Elliot

yah sure thing man and the progress is looking pretty good once again man and keep up the fantastic work =D

Wow really nice man. I love what your using for the under armor. you said its for paintball? Your armor is coming together nicely. Keep up the fantastic job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back