Props New Halo Reach Pistol Pep File (Now with Sliced Win!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpathia

Sr Member
For those of you who have built my previous Halo Reach version of the M6, I'm sorry (sort of). I've modified this file to work with pep, and it should be much simpler to build than my previous pistol, and it is more accurate. The original model was done for Sketchup by a user named Spartan-279. Thanks go out to this modeler.
Many of the details are floating faces and should be cut from something with the thickness of mat board (about 1/16" or 1.5mm). With all the floating faces, the actual pep construction has been greatly simplified.
So, here it is...

Pistol.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/CfSkOl9W/Halo_Reach_M6G_B_.html (New Version)

Update: I've finished the sliced version of this pistol. It should be a very easy and sweet build (I may do it myself later on this year when I have access to a laser cutter again). So, here is a screenshot of the unfold...

SlicedFile.jpg

And here is the file itself...

http://www.4shared.com/file/vljLoCt6/Halo_Reach_M6G__Sliced_.html

A quick note, I'll most likely update the file itself with this note, but the slices should be cut from material that is 1/16" or 1.5mm thick. And the notes on there (2x, 10x, etc) reflect how many of that particular slice you will need.

I've finished pepping the original version, here are some pics...

A few of the slide soon after it was finished...

DSC04797.jpg

DSC04799.jpg

With the new file, a pepable clip and a sliced clip will be included, since the peped clip was tough, even for me...

DSC04802.jpg

DSC04803.jpg

Here's the peped clip in the receiver...

DSC04804.jpg

...and the sliced clip.

DSC04805.jpg

And a few pictures of the final piece. Not bad, but far too difficult for a first run.

DSC04807.jpg

DSC04808.jpg

Well, that's it for now. I'll post pictures of the updates as I make them. And please, let me know what you think.

AHHH, thanks sooo much. I have been looking for a file like this since i first heard about reach. i had a little bit of a nerd fanboy moment there.
As my cousin put it "I think he just jizzed in his pants".
this is going straight to the top of the build list.

This is not a necro post, I've updated the first post with a huge update. Let me know what you all think.

It's sized according to the measurements on the Halopedia website, 26.7cm in length. The grip is a little smaller than the Halo 3 version of the M6G, but it's a good size.

I would like to try this version with sliced clip, I was going to build this model sometime next week anyways, I think it looks good

I really seem to prefer the sliced weapons over the full pep models. Is there a full sliced version of the whole pistol instead of just the clip? My problem is, I wouldn't know how many pieces of cardboard to cut for each sliced piece because I wouldn't want to make the weapon too wide or too thin. XD

I may be able to work something out. My sliced files are usually based on slices at 1/16" in thick. You can find matte board at hobby stores that are made to that thickness. It's a little more expensive than your standard matte board (which is a little thinner and can vary in thickness), but not terribly so.

One of the main reasons I like the pepped versions of weapons is that it allows one to easily incorporate electronics. So, again, keep an eye here, I'll most likely develope a sliced version in the near future.

Alrighty then. To Halogoddess and everyone else, the sliced version of this file is up and running on the original post. Enjoy!

yay! btw what are the numbers on the file mean? 2x 10x etc. Are they telling you how many i need to stack of that particular one using cardstock as the medium?

Alrighty then. To Halogoddess and everyone else, the sliced version of this file is up and running on the original post. Enjoy!

Awesome! :D

yay! btw what are the numbers on the file mean? 2x 10x etc. Are they telling you how many i need to stack of that particular one using cardstock as the medium?
I DO believe that is indeed what the numbers mean. Since carpathiavh mentioned that he slices his files to be 1/16" thick for each piece, you would need that many pieces cut of that one shape using a material that is 1/16" thick. :p

I DO believe that is indeed what the numbers mean. Since carpathiavh mentioned that he slices his files to be 1/16" thick for each piece, you would need that many pieces cut of that one shape using a material that is 1/16" thick. :p

HaloGoddess is correct. The op has been updated to reflect this.

Very nice, added to my files. Just to be sure, I would bondo this after making it, correct?

Unless you wanted a goofy looking gun, yes. :$D

And to anyone who builds either of these, feel free to post pictures of your build on this thread (please do). I'd love to see how it all works out for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back