Props New Halo Reach Pistol Pep File (Now with Sliced Win!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you guys buying the foam board or matboard or whatever you're using? I can't find anything that's 1.5mm or 1/16". I figured I could just use 3mm foamies and it's okay, but it's turning out way too thick.

what area do you live in? I can provide you with a link once I know.

Mission Viejo, 92694, hope that helps.

Typed Michael's Arts and Crafts near 92694 into google. The first result was 25310 Marguerite Pkwy, Mission Viejo - (949) 770-5001. Ask them for Matboard. If you get a person who doesn't know what your talking about, tell them you are looking for board used for matting a picture for framing. If that doesn't give you results then you are going to want to order online. Do a google search for Matboard and look for wholesale prices. By default, Matboard is is the right thickness, you only need to worry about height and width. My suggestion for online retailers is Dick Blick art supplies.

They'll have it at Michael's for sure. If someone there doesn't know what mat-board is, they shouldn't be working there. Just remember to ask specifically for 1/16" thick mat-board.

What types of glue would be best to use for assembling the sliced model carpathia?

What types of glue would be best to use for assembling the sliced model carpathia?

Gorilla super glue worked fantastic for me. I only needed to clamp it for a minute at most to secure the hold. It had just enough dry time to allow me to shift pieces into place and still set up without much hassle. No mess either. All-in-all I think it is the best choice. You should be able to use other brands. You just want to check the package and make sure you get a brand with a 5-15 second set time and a 10-30 minute cure time.

I bought some matboard and downloaded this so i should be starting on it this weekend in between hardening my shoulders :)

You may want to be careful of the threads you post in MST, the last time this was posted in was almost 5 1/2 months ago. And thats considered necro-posting.

Yeah, what L3X said. If you were to build the pistol and have some pics of it, then it would have been fine.

Oh ok, sorry about that guys. I was offline for about that long. Ill pay closer attention next time. Sorry.
Quick question though, and I won't post here untill have pictures to post, but what do u reccomend I cut the matboard with? Exacto knife is strenuous. If its easier just PM me. Ok that's all. Sorry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back