vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome work! Really enjoying how your armor is coming out! :D

Weathering looks great now.

Thanks guys! I haven't had much time to mess with the armor as of late, but I did manage to redo the ab plate as it was too small. I just have to mount it to the chest, then I'll get a pic of me wearing it.

Old vs. new...I've held it up to the chest and it looks much better compared to the old, smaller version...
0908141650.jpg

I know it looks huge compared to the other, but not all of the plate will be sticking out from under the chest. Hope to have this mounted soon. I also picked up some heavy duty snaps to mount the thighs and shins to my under armor so I don't have to have a bunch of unsightly straps running everywhere. Looking forward to getting those added too. Until next time, thanks for looking! :D

Maybe time to cut out the snacks if you needed to expand your ab plate THAT much.:)

Looks great--as your parts always do!

Redshirt

Looking good as always V!

I about fell off my chair laughing at Reds comment though lol

The Ab section looks so much better Shore. I think it will look proper now.

Thanks to the both of you!

The new visor is in! I had recently bought the purple visor film from Icon Props. I thought that purple would have went nicely with the detail visor that I already had. Well, last night I was in the process of adding the film to the back of the current visor, I mistakenly held it up with the black side facing out. Long story short, I ended up using the black side instead of the purple. I really like the look that it gives.

Here's the old primary visor that was in place and ended up cracking...
CQB%2Bpics%2B057.jpg

The color that I intended on using...
1001140836.jpg

And what I ended up going with...
1001140832b.jpg

1001140832a.jpg

1001140832.jpg

And the view from the inside looking out...
1001141001.jpg

Now all that's left for the helmet, is re-install the fan and switch, add the lense in the forehead, and install the leds.

30 days and counting until Halo-ween! :D

I like the visor. Makes me wish that was one back in Halo 3 and Reach. I find it is harder to choose a visor color then it does for a armor color. Like I want to do something awesome to my build (When I can get to it) You really got me thinking that the visor is the way to go.

The helmet is finally done!

I finally got the the lens installed in the forehead.
1004141317.jpg

Then installed the leds...
1004141317a.jpg

Then the fan and switch in the cheek.
1004141318.jpg

Last but not least, the padding was added...
1004141311.jpg

Now to add the heavy duty snaps to the thigh and shins, then add more leds to the suit. Be back soon! :D

Where did you get the padding? :)

Johnny, If you go allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way back to page 5, and scroll down to post 120, you see how the padding came to be. Then just keep moving forward through the thread to see how I cut and shaped the foam and added the padding to it. :D

Johnny, If you go allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way back to page 5, and scroll down to post 120, you see how the padding came to be. Then just keep moving forward through the thread to see how I cut and shaped the foam and added the padding to it. :D
Thanks!! :D Loving your build looks great!

lol i like how you made a mistake with the purple and turned it into a righteous look V. So is that visor color stuff easy to use? i might need to get myself some for future builds. :)
Stay awesome and keep up the great work.

lol i like how you made a mistake with the purple and turned it into a righteous look V. So is that visor color stuff easy to use? i might need to get myself some for future builds. :)
Stay awesome and keep up the great work.

Thanks M! It is quite easy to use. It cuts with scissors too. You can also fold it to have specific angles if needed. I'll be getting more in the future. :D

Fantastic work as always, vshore. Really love the CQB too, probably my favorite helmet other than the standard one. Looking forward to the next update!

No, it's about as thick as a couple of sheets of paper. Nothing sticky or clingy about it. I made templates, and cut it with scissors the way that I wanted, then just glued it to the back side of the detail visor.

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic work as always, vshore. Really love the CQB too, probably my favorite helmet other than the standard one. Looking forward to the next update!
Thanks Helix! It's one of my favs for sure! :D

I have no idea what CQB is (I'm rather naive about Halo) but since this thread gets a lot of attention I decided to read through it (yep, the whole thing) and like everyone else I'm compelled to post and say amazing work. It looks fantastic, and now I've got one more motivational thread added to my subscribed list. Nice job!

Wow RC. I really appreciate that! Thanks very much. Well, CQB stands for Close Quarters Combat.

I've been working on adding the snaps to the undersuit. I have them added to the thighs, now I just have to add them to the shins, and that should be the last of them. Then on to adding leds to the other places on the suit, and making the detail areas for the shoulders, elbows, and knees, just so it doesn't look so plain. :)

Wow RC. I really appreciate that! Thanks very much. Well, CQB stands for Close Quarters Combat.

I've been working on adding the snaps to the undersuit. I have them added to the thighs, now I just have to add them to the shins, and that should be the last of them. Then on to adding leds to the other places on the suit, and making the detail areas for the shoulders, elbows, and knees, just so it doesn't look so plain. :)

I always figured CQB stood for close quarters battle? I know CQC is close quarters combat.
I may be wrong though, but it makes more sense to my brain lol.

All the upgrades sound awesome, cant wait to see some of them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back