vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it would be really great if you could post all these pics in the Reach reference pic thread:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/28023-Official-Halo-Reach-Reference-Thread-*Pic-Heavy-Spoilers*

I would greatly appreciate it since the crotch shot above is definitely one I don't already have and it would be great to see what other references I don't already have.

Well, I'm assuming that picture is from Halo Reach....
I could be wrong.

I'm sure there might be a reference pic thread for whatever game it is though.

That is actually the H3 armor in that pic. I found where I got most of my ref. pics. http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki...derarmor.png#Spartan.2C_Mark_VI_Mjolnir_Armor . Scroll about half way down and you'll see Halo 3 and each pic will reference package beside it. I didn't see any Reach stuff there though.

That is actually the H3 armor in that pic. I found where I got most of my ref. pics. http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki...derarmor.png#Spartan.2C_Mark_VI_Mjolnir_Armor . Scroll about half way down and you'll see Halo 3 and each pic will reference package beside it. I didn't see any Reach stuff there though.

Lmao, well the link to the reference package for the undersuit seems to be dead...
vrogy.net (where the links keep sending me) doesn't seem to be working. :(

No worries on the Reach references, I think I've done a pretty decent job at trying to supply them here, I was hoping to possibly find some angles I didn't have before though, but that's okay.

That is a good refrence pic. It shows some things i would like to do to my next halo 3 build. (some day lol)

This thread is very cool. I myself have just gotten into pep and Halo armor. I am currently in the process of building my own CQB helmet. I plan on having a full set of armor soon too. But I know these projects take time. I love what you are doing here. Your work astounds me. Hope to see you more on the forums!

This thread is very cool. I myself have just gotten into pep and Halo armor. I am currently in the process of building my own CQB helmet. I plan on having a full set of armor soon too. But I know these projects take time. I love what you are doing here. Your work astounds me. Hope to see you more on the forums!

Thanks very much for the comments. I really appreciate them. I hope to have a little something to show here in the near future as far as the CQB armor goes, and best of luck with your armor. I look forward to seeing it! :D

Here is what has been happening in the background of this ongoing story. Rusty asked me if I would be willing to help him out and create his forearms for him, due to his lack of available time, to get this final part completed so he would be ready for his local convention. I agreed to do so, and he promptly sent me a duct tape arm for size reference. I am SO glad he did, because even with the duct tape arm at my side, it took me about a week of designing and re-designing to get a functional custom template drawn up. What I have here is a final product.... but even in my world, final is not necessarily the end :) I have finished the right arm, and will start on the left one later today. I may make some minor adjustments on that one, and if I do, I will go back and either make those to the right one, or simply redo it all over. Anyways... here is what I came up with.

Comments and criticism (I will accept ANY at this point, as I need it) encouraged.

Inside arm (closest to the body)

SAM_1576_zps5b4d4776.jpg

"top"

SAM_1574_zps2134587e.jpg

Outside

SAM_1573_zps02c63e31.jpg

Outside/Underside

SAM_1572_zps5c9c743b.jpg

I really appreciate you taking this on for me. I really like all the detail that you managed to put into them. It'll be nice to finally have all the building done on this, even though as of now, it looks like I won't be making it to Dcon as other life issues have decided to take the funds that were going to be used for this. :(

I really appreciate you taking this on for me. I really like all the detail that you managed to put into them. It'll be nice to finally have all the building done on this, even though as of now, it looks like I won't be making it to Dcon as other life issues have decided to take the funds that were going to be used for this. :(

I can't cheer you up, only commiserate. I'm also down for the count on DCON. My DCON money (and more!) is going to Atlanta without me to put an unexpected engine replacement in the car.

Nice forearms. If you have to farm out a job, you couldn't do better than getting Evakura to pick up the job.

Redshirt

I can't cheer you up, only commiserate. I'm also down for the count on DCON. My DCON money (and more!) is going to Atlanta without me to put an unexpected engine replacement in the car.

Nice forearms. If you have to farm out a job, you couldn't do better than getting Evakura to pick up the job.

Redshirt
I know what you mean Red. I've already had to do some auto repairs myself, and more are to come. Oh well, There's next year I guess, and at least the the suit will be done, as far as the building portion goes anyway. :D

This sucks! I am sorry to hear about this... especially since I have finished up the forearm project. Just the same, I will package and ship them off to you on Monday. They are fully sealed and ready for paint. The leather for the seal around the elbow area came out nice, and should have no problem reaching your bicep armor - per the measurement you provided me. This was a challenging build, and let me realize how important the duct tape arm really was :)

I hope you will be pleased with the final product and look forward to your response when you receive them!

SAM_1587_zps775cd747.jpg

EVAkura Whoa....those look amazing!!!! I can not wait to get those in the mail. I can't stress enough how much it means to me that you took this project on. I really appreciate it. No worries about the Dcon thing man. That's life. At least I'll have Halo-ween to wear the armor, and I'll be able to attend next year so...life goes on. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Eva, great job on the forearms, they are beautiful. i have one question though. for the outside of the arms, why did you decide to do it the way you did? to me its almost like the seam popped.
here is a pic of what i mean just in case you are confused.
V-shorearm_zps63128c3e.jpg

Just curious if it was part of the disign is all :)
looks good still.

Yes, that was part of the design :) VShore sent a bunch of reference pictures, and I replicated them for the most part. There were a few places I took a little artistic freedom - this piece, and the elbow guard being recessed a bit were part of that. Also, it seems the more reference pictures you have, you would think you could nail down a specific area better. But, oddly enough, it seemed that it causes conflict due to camera angle, lighting, camera perspective (fish-eye), and other factors. When this happens, I tend to take the "coolest" one and run with it.

Yes, that was part of the design :) VShore sent a bunch of reference pictures, and I replicated them for the most part. There were a few places I took a little artistic freedom - this piece, and the elbow guard being recessed a bit were part of that. Also, it seems the more reference pictures you have, you would think you could nail down a specific area better. But, oddly enough, it seemed that it causes conflict due to camera angle, lighting, camera perspective (fish-eye), and other factors. When this happens, I tend to take the "coolest" one and run with it.

Righteous! sounds good to me. :)
now we have to wait for V to paint them lol

Sooo...

I got the forearms in the mail the other day from EVAkura and whoa, they are nice...and they fit!
received_m_mid_1407012553524_fe0c0d9f425a071246_0.jpeg received_m_mid_1407012572540_c9c3eba96a0770bf50_0.jpeg

So I plasti-dipped them this morning and was going to spray them white also, but forgot that at home, lol. That will have to wait until tomorrow.
0805141224.jpg

With nothing else to work on armor related, it was time to get to work on the pistol kit I got from my good friend JUSTINIAN 117. Here it is with all the parts cleaned up and ready for spot filler.
0805141614.jpg
This thing is quite clean. If you're in the market for a super nice halo pistol, be sure to get with him. You won't be disappointed. That's about it for now. I'll have more updates on both of these items soon, stay tuned! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The forearms are done!

0806141643.jpg

0806141643a.jpg

The pistol has had it's first stage of spot filler and primer.
0806141555.jpg

Just a few more pin holes and this will be off to paint too! :D

A couple of quick pics of the left arm just showing how stuff fits. I had to put an insert inside the biceps to help it stay in, as it was too big.
0807141405.jpg

0807141405a.jpg

0807141830.jpg

0807141830a.jpg

I'm going to try and do a suit up this weekend with everything but the helmet. I still need to get the visors for that, as the old ones were a poor quality and cracked on me. See you soon! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back