vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shoulder attachments look awesome! Hey I'm currently working on some hi-def Mark VI foam templates, but looking at your work, maybe you could share the files you used, that would save me some time. :D

Thanks for the comment RD! I would share the files with you but the ones that were used to make my cod, shins, and boots were designed in Corel for use in a laser cutter.

I would share the files with you but the ones that were used to make my cod, shins, and boots were designed in Corel for use in a laser cutter.

Excellent, that would save even more time, because I'm doing the exact same thing with my templates! Exporting them from Pepakura and postprocessing them in Corel Draw. Maybe it would get a little complicated when it comes to finding the right scale, but I'd love to get those files from you! :p Maybe in the next few hours, that would be cool, because I'm planning to use the lasercutter tonight.

Thanks for your helpful answer! Oh well i expected something like that about using some kind of super glue. But how did u cover the big surface with super glue ? i only found some cans with little 3 to 6 mm brushs. Does it work with this, cause i dont found great amounts of it in my country. Otherwise i would buy a bigger brush and apply it. I found the liquid version of it but i m little less on money atm so i have to ask a for the details :) i hope i get my build back on line in next time but with this help of yours it will happen much faster now ^^

Excellent, that would save even more time, because I'm doing the exact same thing with my templates! Exporting them from Pepakura and postprocessing them in Corel Draw. Maybe it would get a little complicated when it comes to finding the right scale, but I'd love to get those files from you! :p Maybe in the next few hours, that would be cool, because I'm planning to use the lasercutter tonight.

Sent you a pm.
Thanks for your helpful answer! Oh well i expected something like that about using some kind of super glue. But how did u cover the big surface with super glue ? i only found some cans with little 3 to 6 mm brushs. Does it work with this, cause i dont found great amounts of it in my country. Otherwise i would buy a bigger brush and apply it. I found the liquid version of it but i m little less on money atm so i have to ask a for the details :) i hope i get my build back on line in next time but with this help of yours it will happen much faster now ^^

I used this.
0007934068746_500X500.jpg

I ran a bead close to the edge of the foam I was trying to glue down. Then I just went back and forth covering the area in little squiggly lines. You don't have to cover the entire surface. Be careful to not get too close to the edge though, because the extra glue may squeeze out the sides.

I've been busy painting my helmet again. Bringing it back from the burgundy I used to have it molded to the original white and black. Here it is with the black and a couple of touch ups. White is currently drying.

IMG_20140428_085417_975.jpg

IMG_20140428_085440_854.jpg

I was also able to do a partial suit up last night. Nothing is trapped, just held up by the crash pants that I have on, but I'm really happy with how it's turning out. Sorry for the blurry pics. Phone camera isn't the best. Also, I need to repaint the left thigh. It was painted early last year and has faded a little. That's no biggy though.
IMG_20140429_203050_822.jpg

IMG_20140429_203107_294.jpg

IMG_20140429_203128_372.jpg

I'll be getting the foam parts for the biceps and forearms lasered on Friday. Those will be the last parts to be assembled. Then it'll be strapping, leds, and making some misc. fabric parts to cover areas such as between the boots and shins to hide my ankles. I'm also looking into getting a Snakepit Studios H3 undersuit. Trying to get everything ready before Dcon comes later this year. Excited!!! :D

the focus on the details really paid off. It looks like it is a real deal battle ready armor. The legs and the proportions look outstanding. The helmet even looks great. over all one amazing build.

Just outstanding! It looks like you have a great range of motion in it. I also love that it's not weathered to death. I know you aren't done, but I know you weather to show detail, not hide flaws.

Redshirt

the focus on the details really paid off. It looks like it is a real deal battle ready armor. The legs and the proportions look outstanding. The helmet even looks great. over all one amazing build.
Thanks for that. I spent a lot of time trying to make sure the scale was right. I guess it paid off. :D

Just outstanding! It looks like you have a great range of motion in it. I also love that it's not weathered to death. I know you aren't done, but I know you weather to show detail, not hide flaws.
Redshirt
Your comments mean a lot Red. I appreciate you saying that. Finally get to cut the forearms and biceps today! :D

I love how you have an old beaten up shoulder piece and how you have a new one lol. They both look great :)
Also bottom half is looking really awesome :)
You're so close!
by the way what is the Snakepit Studios H3 undersuit? You should post a pic so we can see it. Ill probably look it after i post this anyways but thats besides the point lol.
Keep up the great work V

I love how you have an old beaten up shoulder piece and how you have a new one lol. They both look great :)
Also bottom half is looking really awesome :)
You're so close!
by the way what is the Snakepit Studios H3 undersuit? You should post a pic so we can see it. Ill probably look it after i post this anyways but thats besides the point lol.
Keep up the great work V

Thanks buddy! They are so much lighter than the old ones. Here a couple of pics of the H3 under suit by Snakepit for those who are interested.
1975050_301306373350800_865246266_n.jpg

1972406_301306386684132_207388339_n.jpg

10001396_301306403350797_998753012_n.jpg

The freshly repainted CQB is finished as far as paint and weathering goes. I have to get more super glue to add the detail parts such as the cheek circles and bolts on the back of the helmet, then it needs two new visors and leds for the forehead. I'll have to reinstall the fan and switch too. Getting closer...:D

Thats actually really cool! I googled them and didnt see anything for H3 but for H4 instead. Do they do all the halos??
Cant wait to see this under your suit. I bet it will rock

Thats actually really cool! I googled them and didnt see anything for H3 but for H4 instead. Do they do all the halos??
Cant wait to see this under your suit. I bet it will rock

Not necessarily. They actually do them on commission. A certain amount of people have to sign up for the prototype, then they will create it and have it available to everyone. I'm excited to get one. I think it will finish the armor off nicely.

Looks Awesome.

Thank my friend! :D

Well, the helmet is all painted and weathered. It's waiting on two new visors, then I'll reinstall the padding and add leds in the forehead.
IMG_20140507_111144_807.jpg

IMG_20140507_111154_626.jpg

IMG_20140507_111206_476.jpg

IMG_20140507_111241_989.jpg

IMG_20140507_113511_132.jpg

I'm also in the process of building the foam biceps. Hope to have most of them built today. :)

Oh my! this thread is just full of win! Very gorgeous!
I'm loving that Snakepit Studios under-suit too! Bet that was expensive, Really want one though!

Again, worn in, not worn out. Love the weathering.

Redshirt

That is beautiful. You do really nice work.
Thanks a lot Clothar!
Oh my! this thread is just full of win! Very gorgeous!
I'm loving that Snakepit Studios under-suit too! Bet that was expensive, Really want one though!
That's awesome of you to say FS! I haven't bought one of these yet, they are just pics of what I intend to purchase. They are a tad pricey, but they it'll be totally worth it.
Again, worn in, not worn out. Love the weathering.
Redshirt
As always, I appreciate that Red. I'm loving that splaser. I'd hate to be on the receiving end of whatever that thing is dishing out! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back