405th Unity project Idea (For charity, need volunteers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it all depends on what I can swing time-wise. I'll see about stealing my mom's car and heading to Wal-Mart tonight... Need... cardstock... to... survive...

Also editing the unfold for further smoothness, want to make this as smooth as possible to minimize the work needed later on.

Yeah, it all depends on what I can swing time-wise. I'll see about stealing my mom's car and heading to Wal-Mart tonight... Need... cardstock... to... survive...

Also editing the unfold for further smoothness, want to make this as smooth as possible to minimize the work needed later on.

Sounds good! I think this helmet should be the best out there! (which is going to be pretty hard lol But we can do it!)

got a message via facebook about this. I have a couple of questions..

Have you decided on a Charity???
Is this an Official 405th Project (meaning has it been approved by Adam as he owns the 405th name)??
If so will it be donated from the "405th.com" or from the Builders??
Are you donating Funds from the sale of or the Helmet itself ( I see this was asked but the answer was not clear as to which)??

I ask because several of us actually have mark VI as well as other helmets already completed and molded, so it would be easy to just cat one up and send it on its way if the cause is worthy.

My understanding is it was going to be built and sold via ebay, or auctioned off somewhere. And I'm assuming Child's play is still the target?

I'm definitely up for this. I can pep things probably in a day or less, so if you get another flyingsqirl MK6, I'm in

Me and my brother Nintendude even though he's not a member here anymore but is working towards coming back as I just sent a message to Spase for him, we would like to work on the helmet if possible. And Ben with my brothers old Travelling Helmet thread he had two people offer to donate a helmet for it but they never came though on their offer, I can do the bondo if you need JBetts and John can do the details.

got a message via facebook about this. I have a couple of questions..

Have you decided on a Charity???
Is this an Official 405th Project (meaning has it been approved by Adam as he owns the 405th name)??
If so will it be donated from the "405th.com" or from the Builders??
Are you donating Funds from the sale of or the Helmet itself ( I see this was asked but the answer was not clear as to which)??

I ask because several of us actually have mark VI as well as other helmets already completed and molded, so it would be easy to just cat one up and send it on its way if the cause is worthy.

Ben-

I am hopeing for Childs play (Not sure if that will work out or not) . It isnt official, But I am going to message adam and see what he thinks. So far It will be donated by the builders, But if I get adams approval I want it to be donated by the 405th. As for the funds I have several people who have said they were willing to donate to the funds for shipping. I am going to ask if its ok to set up a pay-pal account just for this project so people can donate to it. As for the actual donation, I know Sean Bradley donated a odst to childs play and the Helmet was auctioned off and the money from the auction went to charity. I am hopeing to do somthing like that. I think having someone do the pep and having people do each step would be more of a group effort. If someone donated a MKVI helmet all we would have to do is clean it and paint it , which would use less people. I Hope I helped you with your questions ! :) Thanks Ben!

My understanding is it was going to be built and sold via ebay, or auctioned off somewhere. And I'm assuming Child's play is still the target?

Well I know there was a man (I forget his name) that has auctions for childs play. If we can do that I think that would be great!

I'm definitely up for this. I can pep things probably in a day or less, so if you get another flyingsqirl MK6, I'm in

Are you speaking of donating 2 helmets? That would be great! Bobba Fett is already set up to pep But I would love to have you help with whatever you can!

Me and my brother Nintendude even though he's not a member here anymore but is working towards coming back as I just sent a message to Spase for him, we would like to work on the helmet if possible. And Ben with my brothers old Travelling Helmet thread he had two people offer to donate a helmet for it but they never came though on their offer, I can do the bondo if you need JBetts and John can do the details.

I would love to have you guys! I will put you on the list for possible bondo work.

Thanks to everyone for coming to this thread and offering your help and questions! OK- now onto more plans-

as brought up earlier, I think that makeing it from pep to finish would be more intimate and group oriented. I think that if we can get as many people as possible, the better this would be! If this expands to more than 1 helmet, I would think that we could use people who cast MK VI helmets out! Thanks again guys!

Jacob

Well, Got some cardstock. 300 sheets ought to do it...

finalizing unfold tonight, and printing tomorrow.

Well, Got some cardstock. 300 sheets ought to do it...

finalizing unfold tonight, and printing tomorrow.

Awsome! Thanks again Graham!

I wish I could help but I just have far too much on the go at the moment.

Thats ok Brandon. Thank you for the interest though!

FOR ALL WHO WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS BUT CANT DO ACTUAL WORK :

I am seeing if it is ok to open a pay-pal account for donations ( To cover shipping ) . So if that gets approved, everyone who want to be a part and donate can donate money to the cause! Thanks again everyone!

Jacob

The bondo work is pretty easy for me and my brother to do. I've got more than enough bondo and materials to do the sanding and minor detailing with.

Ok then! Awsome! I will edit teh first post and assign parts of the helmet to different people! Thanks again John!

Ok a little update:

I have contacted Adam to seek his approval for this to be a official 405th project.

EDIT : We are now set up to donate this helmet to a auction Liard Macleand is going to have for childs play in june! Lets get building guys!

Hi Guys/Gals,

Always good to have the support of the greatest gaming franchise on the planet helping out.

:)

Awesomeness! My printer is working as we speak... I have to take the ACT tomorrow (oh, what fun) so I'll begin working Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back