405th Unity project Idea (For charity, need volunteers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks awesome.

Yes it does! Once it gets to me, I must figure out a way to resin and fiberglass it in this cold , But all will work out. Then once that is finished , I will ship it too you!

Jacob

PS
Did you get the handplates yet?

Not yet probably today or tomarrow. I would suggest if it's too cold outside and you don't have snow double your hardener, it'll harden. Either that or grab a cardboard box put some plastic on the bottom for the helmet to sit on, close up the box make a hole in the top and stick a blowdryer into the hole to heat up the inside.

Not yet probably today or tomarrow. I would suggest if it's too cold outside and you don't have snow double your hardener, it'll harden. Either that or grab a cardboard box put some plastic on the bottom for the helmet to sit on, close up the box make a hole in the top and stick a blowdryer into the hole to heat up the inside.

We have snow , so I will double my hardener and put a heater in the workshop. I am considering that once I have a layer of fiberglass resin on the outside that I could use smooth-cast 300 on the inside. What do you think?

Jacob

dang dude! way too fast for me... lol!

@jacob: the smoothcast will work in place of fiberglass, just slushcast it around the inside. and just don't have a heat source around AS you resin... the fumes are flammable. ;) I'd hate to see you torch your house... :p

@jacob: the smoothcast will work in place of fiberglass, just slushcast it around the inside. and just don't have a heat source around AS you resin... the fumes are flammable. ;) I'd hate to see you torch your house... :p

Yeah that would be bad lol I think Ill go that route then, 1 layer of resin on the outside, smooth-cast on the inside. Gosh that sounds like a commercial for dinner rolls! lol

Definitely agree. Simply slushcast it with smoothcast- way faster, way easier, and just as effective! :)

JBetts if you have a good amount left of a trial size it shoud'nt take that much to put a thin shell on the inside of the pepakura, just make sure that you fiberglass resin the outside first before you slushcast the inside with smoothcast otherwise you'll have problems.

JBetts if you have a good amount left of a trial size it shoud'nt take that much to put a thin shell on the inside of the pepakura, just make sure that you fiberglass resin the outside first before you slushcast the inside with smoothcast otherwise you'll have problems.

Ok man. I have about half a trial size left so I should be good. Thanks!

Jacob

Its been a few days and I am currently coming up with some paint schemes for the helmet. any suggestions?

My only suggestion is go with the Starry Night colors. Which I think is Olive Drab with blackwash and weathering. On a side note I'm going to be out of state the 23rd-28th of this month for Megacon.

My only suggestion is go with the Starry Night colors. Which I think is Olive Drab with blackwash and weathering. On a side note I'm going to be out of state the 23rd-28th of this month for Megacon.

Yeah, I was thinking dark colors as well. DUDE! I am SO jealous! Is that what my odst helmet is for? And if I am correct, didnt I read that you are going too meat STAN LEE!?!? Hope you have a good time!

Yes that's going to be worn at Megacon, I'll actually be meeting Stan and I'm also doing the Captains Reception which is meeting Shatner with another person. I have a Spider-Man Vol 1 No 1 that I'm going to see if Stan will sign.

Yes that's going to be worn at Megacon, I'll actually be meeting Stan and I'm also doing the Captains Reception which is meeting Shatner with another person. I have a Spider-Man Vol 1 No 1 that I'm going to see if Stan will sign.

Dang man! That is AWSOME! Please take a picture of you in the odst costume at the con!

Ok everyone! Its been a few days since a update but unfortunately , I have nothing too update you on. I am still waiting on the helmet to arrive at my house so I can start reenforcing .

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back