Hyper's Hayabusa build

Status
Not open for further replies.
when attaching the 'busa shoulders i suggest removing the mk6 pauldron part of the shoulder. they do it in the actual game, thats why it fits so well.

Update time, I finally had some time off to get back to work on my armor, I finished molding the Hayabusa chest pieces to the MKVI chest, and now im sick of sanding, when your trying to make the add on pieces look like they are part of the original chest piece you can't use an electric sander so yah my hands are dead, all I have left on the chest is to mount the neck piece to the top but I may end up doing that part in foam instead of the pep part, It just seems like foam may be more comfortable around my neck than hard paper, also I painted the hand plates, I really didn't sand them before I painted them so they have the high and low spots from the resin but its not to bad, once I have all the parts painted I will weather and scratch up the parts that would take on battle abuse, also the busa shoulder parts are all smooth and ready for paint, I'll post pics tommorow, also started the cod piece today

Quick question for anyone who has built this MKVI chest what is the best way to mount the ab plate? I really don't want to use straps for it

Hand plates, im not to crazy about how they turned out so I may go back and smooth them down a little
DSC04305.jpg

Chest piece with the busa perm molded onto it, I will most likely do the neck part tommorow so I can cut the chest in two, also added a few details
DSC04307.jpg

Well today instead of making progress, I have ended up going backwards, I cut my torso in half and when I tried it on, it was to tight, It fits but its not comfortable, when I originaly scaled it, I had just got out of the hospital, I was there for a month from complications from surgery, and in that time I lost over 24 lbs, well now I have gained that back and you guessed it too small, so now im peping out a new bigger chest, so body work here I come, it just sucks I did all that work for a useless chest piece, I did get the shoulders painted and got some of the cod smoothed anyways heres some pics

The torso cut apart now probably heading for the trash
DSC04312.jpg

The shoulders all painted up
DSC04310.jpg

Cod under construction
DSC04314.jpg

Pep'd this last night, its just a LD MA5 I still need to build the clip, was going to use it for megacon but I may not be going now so I should have time to build an HD model
DSC04315.jpg

Thanks for checking this out

Sorry to hear about the sizing issue. I hope you don't throw the torso pieces away, I'm sure they fit on someone who would love to have them, whether as a donation, or as a purchase.

Keep up the great work!

I suggest you sell the chest . It would be a shame to see a AWSOME peice like that go to waste. Fantastic job so far!

Jacob

I love your chest piece. It looks really clean and sharp. I can't wait to see the final product.

Thanks guys for the comments, I will probably end up selling the chest, its scaled at a height of 406mm and its 15 inches wide at the shoulders, it fits me but I need some breathing room, I already started on a new bigger chest, so now I have 41 pages of chest and Hayabusa chest pieces to build oh and I almost forgot the fun part doing the bondo and tons of sanding part

and mochafreak111, Toacrabman is right To make it look the way it does now, it takes bondo, lots and lots of sanding and patience

Hopefully I will get the new chest peped in a few days, but this time im going to mount the ab plate to it so I don't have to use straps to stick it to the bottom of the chest

Sorry if this violates any rules Im not trying to make a classified ad on this thread, just mentioned that I may end up selling it later on

Insane work, makes me want to make a hayabusa suit also :D Possible idea for the shoulders is a nylon strap with the three armor pieces able to be slid just a little, like a guideline with the nylon strap attached permanently to the bicep part and a parachute clip to the torso.

Your suit is amazing. I will buy it depending on how much ur selling it for. I don't know what the scale means but im about 5'4 so it should fit me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back