Hyper's Hayabusa build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little update, I really haven't had much time in the past week to work on my new chest piece, between work and a paintball tournament I had to attend, I usually pep at night but have been falling asleep early, I did get a little bit of the front done and will do a little more tonight, also took a break from body work on my armor and did work on my LD MA5C, I resined it hardened it with smooth cast 320 while it may not shoot someone its hard enough to beat someone to death with, all the low spots are bondo'd and smoothed, I'll add some details to it to make it look a little better plus I'll put a black flashlight/torch istead of the purple one, hopefully I'll have some more updates in a few days

All I have managed to get done on the chest pep
DSC04334.jpg

My LD version of the MA5C, im not crazy about it, missing to many details but it will do

DSC04337.jpg

I'm just wondering, how did you attached the 'busa chest to the base piece?

I used epoxy and bondo

I was just messing around with the MA5C, so I made up this counter using clear blue plastic, a purple piece of paper and a white piece of paper, it was a pain to cut the numbers and symbols out but I managed it, Im just trying to make details for this gun to help it look better what do you guys think

DSC04341.jpg

honestly, thats one of the best pepakura weapons i've ever seen. I see so many people try them and they warp, or they have a hard time making it sturdy, but not you man. you got the magic touch. i'm assuming you resined and filled it with smoothcast? if not, wanna let me in on the secret?

honestly, thats one of the best pepakura weapons i've ever seen. I see so many people try them and they warp, or they have a hard time making it sturdy, but not you man. you got the magic touch. i'm assuming you resined and filled it with smoothcast? if not, wanna let me in on the secret?

No real secret to the gun, I did resin the outside, then poured smoothcast into the body, I tried the rondo route on a SMG resined the outside and poured rondo inside, It did ok but it sucked the handgrips in, seems like rondo has a tendency to shrink when it cures

Lord man, thats amazing so far! i wanna see this build through :D and i saw the word Hyper in the thread title and only thought of Hyper Kabuto :U

Finally have an update, Finished peping my new rescaled chest, It took me forever, I hate doing the same thing over, so I would maybe work on it for about an hour a day, I made sure it fits good before I do all the work on it this time, so far its resined and been hardend with smooth cast, now I have to finish peping the Hayabusa chest perm but that shouldn't take to long to build, also finished working on the cod piece, still have to paint in the black detail areas, and thats it for today

Chest piece finally finished peping now onto the body work
DSC04348.jpg

DSC04347.jpg

Cod piece, I know its to shiney but I will weather all of the armor at the same time
DSC04346.jpg

Also here is a pic of a SMG I was messing with, I made this a few months ago hardened it with Rondo, and the rondo sucked in parts of the gun thats why you see so much bondo and filler putty on it, Im just messing with it, I use any left over bondo on it, If I were to finish this gun I probably will cut the silencer off and build it out of pvc
DSC04350.jpg

WOW!!!! the AR, SMG, and the Torso are all looking amazing man, keep up the fantastic work =D
and really like the light or the ammo counter on your AR =D

Jesus this looks amazing!! But I was wondering, could you possibly give me the link for the pep file for your AR? because Ive been looking around and thats by far the best AR model ive seen.

Jesus this looks amazing!! But I was wondering, could you possibly give me the link for the pep file for your AR? because Ive been looking around and thats by far the best AR model ive seen.

Its Robogenisis file, The MA5 is a LD file without to many details, but it is easy to build only 40 pieces, Im just going to add details to mine to help it out some, but if this is your first gun build then I would suggest this file
http://www.4shared.com/get/r4QpBrOw/Robogenisis_Pepakura_MA5C.html

@ takagari, I don't suggest doing the Hayabusa helmet as your first pep, It looks cool but it is a complicated model to do but if you attempt it hope it turns out well for you, thanks for the comment

also thanks everyone for all the comments, it helps to keep me going on with this build, now time to pep my Hayabusa chest perm parts

Don't mean to double post but I have a small update finished peping the Hayabusa chest perm parts, I will hardend them in the next day or two, also coated the helmet with smooth cast so now that is hardened and ready to be smoothed out, sorry no pics of helmet right now, also started working on the chest smoothing out the front where the Busa chest perms are going to attach to sorry no pics of that either, its in the garage and im to lazy to get a picture of it and the helmet, but I should be getting this new chest together soon thanks for checking this out

Hayabusa chest perms all peped out, ready to be hardened, I know you rather see progress pics and not pep pics but hey Im just happy I got all the second chest all peped out and starting the whole process over again
DSC04352.jpg

How do you plan on getting the shape to stay and keep in position while hardening? I wanna do a recon MP character and getting a chest permutation to stay seems difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back