Hyper's Hayabusa build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperballistik

finished pictures of the Hayabusa on page 17

Well everybody this is my first try at making a full set of armor, Ive made a few helmets so I figured I would try to make a whole suit. Originally I was going to make the MKVI MC armor, but changed my mind and went with the Hayabusa, It has taken me 4 weeks to get to this point in the build, so far I have pep'd all the parts except for the boots, I need to buy a pair of shoes or boots to mount them to, everything has been resined fiberglassed and some parts were hardend with smooth Cast 321, Im currently on the body work phase of the build, and im not looking forward to doing it but luckily my peps were straight so I have very little warping on the parts, I will post pics as I finish them, sorry I did not take pics of the pep'ing and resin stages, Im to lazy to take pictures, plus there are already alot of pics of that stuff on here already. well on to the pics and thanks for checking out my thread

Shins, I have no idea who modeled these, I just chose them because they look more like the refrence pictures

Front
DSC04193.jpg

Back of shins
DSC04194.jpg

HD Forearms Modeled by Nugget

DSC04195.jpg

HD Cod by Crackhead09
DSC04196.jpg

HD Shoulders by Robogenius
DSC04197.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about the double post have more pics
HD chest by Flying squirll also has the Busa perms taped to the chest still needs hardening
DSC04198.jpg

Busa Shoulders by Supertaco, Hand plates by Robogenius, and ab plate
DSC04201.jpg

Helmet by Skupilkinson, also modeled the chest perms
DSC04203.jpg

DSC04206.jpg

DSC04205.jpg

Thighs by Crackhead09
DSC04189.jpg

All the parts together
DSC04211.jpg

Thats it so far for now

Really good, you don't see a lot of hyabusa suits. Probably because of the helmets shape.

Tell me about it, Ive made 3 helmets before I got the size right and one with all of the details. I have noticed that there are not to many Hayabusa builds on here

Also thanks for all of the nice comments, Gives me motivation to finish it, I still don't look forward to all the body work, took me 2 days just to get the forearms to where they are right now and im still not happy with them

looks great so far! how long it take you to get this far?, oh wait, 4 weeks, nvm... wow, nice job workin fast man!
get that bondo on!

Thanks Ithica for the motivation, there really are not to many Busa's around here so I will definantly get this suit done, and Cjsuner unfortunately im at the bondo stage, I'll keep everyone posted

Still looks good the second day looking at it. My only question is can it fly? Oh and if your going to add those line carvings into the top of the... Flames? What ever those things are.

Still looks good the second day looking at it. My only question is can it fly? Oh and if your going to add those line carvings into the top of the... Flames? What ever those things are.

Yeah I'll add those details later when I get to the helmet, I'll probably use either hot glue or that thick craft paint, I can't remeber what its called at the moment

Dude it looks awesome! I can't wait untill we go to megacon! It's going to be Awsome! Seriously great job!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Update time sorta, I have been sick so I have not been able to get out and do much sanding and bondo work, I had finished the forearms and one shoulder last week, I ventured out today and painted the finished pieces, I still have to add the Hayabusa shoulders to the shoulder piece, the other shoulder just needs a little sanding, I decided to go with red, and I still need to weather the parts but I'll do that later

DSC04273.jpg

Think you might have a small problem with those Hayabusa shoulder perms. You haven't removed the basic Mk VI parts from the bicep, meaning they'll be taking up the space where the Hayabusa shoulders should sit. Take a look at the references in the Wiki.

Think you might have a small problem with those Hayabusa shoulder perms. You haven't removed the basic Mk VI parts from the bicep, meaning they'll be taking up the space where the Hayabusa shoulders should sit. Take a look at the references in the Wiki.

They don't take up that much room honestly, check out ithica's on the first page, they worked out really well with the mark vi still on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back