Hyper's Hayabusa build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel you we had 104 with heat index of 120 last Thursday. So needless to say I'm happily peping in the Air Conditioning right now. But I'm defiantly looking forward to seeing what you do with this helmet next.

I got most of my second Hayabusa helmet smoothed out there are a few spots that could use a little spot putty but otherwise im about finished with the body work, I will add the front detail to the mouth area soon I just don't feel like working on the helmet during the day when I have time due to the humid hot weather we have herre in Florida so progress is slow not to mention the only reason Im finishing this helmet is for a display, Im not going to use it for my suit, it was in pretty bad shape when I started working on it (an earlier post explains this) for that reason im not making it as nice as my Busa helmet I built for my suit but it will look good when Im finished with it

Here is what it looks like in its current state

Front missing mouth area detail
DSC04739.jpg

Left side view
DSC04740.jpg

Back of helmet notice all of the details that I didn't add to this helmet when it was in pep stage
DSC04743.jpg

Thank you for looking I hope to finish this soon

I entered my Hayabusa suit in the RPF's costume contest, I think its going on till Nov 10th, If you like the way it looks please vote for me and give some Halo armor a chance in this contest, I am the only Halo related costume in the male catagory, If some of you read this and have already voted, thank you
You don't have to be a member of the RPF to vote, please vote for #27 Hayabusa Spartan thats me, please help out a fellow 405th member

Thanks..............

Click this link to vote
http://www.therpf.com/f24/rpf-2nd-annual-halloween-contest-male-vote-now-131579/

I know I have another thread running around about this contest, but figured i would post it in my build thread that way you can see the suit that I entered in the contest, finish pics on page 17

Yeah, hopefully the 405 can come together and back this. Its going to be a sad day here on the 405 if Flynn Rider fom the movie tangled beats out this awesome suit...lol

Good luck!

There are a lot of well done costumes on there, but the votes don't make any sense. It's just a popularity contest, or who's best at advertising. I looked through them all and thought a lot were awesome "but who would ever vote for that, it's so obscure," and then I vote and see that a random few have all the votes. So, if you don't win, don't take it that your works not quality, because it is.

There are a lot of well done costumes on there, but the votes don't make any sense. It's just a popularity contest, or who's best at advertising. I looked through them all and thought a lot were awesome "but who would ever vote for that, it's so obscure," and then I vote and see that a random few have all the votes. So, if you don't win, don't take it that your works not quality, because it is.

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed, the more friends you have the better your chances, I noticed there were some really good ones also with very few votes, im not worried about it just want to have a few votes so it don't look to bad

I know this is an old thread but I have a small update, since I have learned how to make eva foam suits I have since gotten rid of the old Pep'd version Busa suit and converted the suit to a complete eva foam MKVI suit, the weight difference is awesome and I have almost complete movement in the suit, I can now stay in the suit all day if I have to, also I was able to achieve better details on the Eva version

Here is the Eva foam build tread for the newer suit for a few build pics
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/38474-***MKVI-Foam-Suit-Hayabusa-Style-***

And these pictures show the new suit made of foam, only thing that's pep is the helmet

69460_465043333548162_830792392_n_zpsd7502374.jpg

72794_10200908114532126_231426512_n_zps98539a6b.jpg

:D Super awesome! It looks incredibly clean and it's always a plus when comfort is improved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back