secret warthog turret on Long Night Of Solace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varsity

i just made this video and uploaded it to youtube i made it using bungie pro and microsoft movie maker. check it out

watch it and tell me what you think about the turret.
i think we could get into it just gotta figure out how.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOW THE H*** DID YOU GET THERE!?!?! O_O

Theoretically, it should be possible, I mean, You can easily see when your jumping that it GIVES you the option of entering, just need to figure out how to get a few more seconds of "hang time".

My conclusion?

1) have a friend whose head you can stand on.

2) Jetpack.

HOW THE H*** DID YOU GET THERE!?!?! O_O

Theoretically, it should be possible, I mean, You can easily see when your jumping that it GIVES you the option of entering, just need to figure out how to get a few more seconds of "hang time".

My conclusion?

1) have a friend whose head you can stand on.

2) Jetpack.

Ill create a tut if i get over 10,000 views.

for the jetpack thing. no jetpacks on this level not that i know of. ill try again saturday with a friend. or if anyone here wants to help me.

for the jetpack thing. no jetpacks on this level not that i know of. ill try again saturday with a friend. or if anyone here wants to help me.

ahhh... I havn't actually gotten to play Reach yet so I didn't know...

it actually looks (and sounds) more like one of the AA guns, but a lot bigger... it's strange though that it gives you the option of "operate the warthog turret" lol

Maybe it was a left over from a mission concept they wanted to put in the game that never rly made it part of any mission so they just randomly put it up there to be an AA gun,hoping it would make a nifty easter egg. :)

I don't think its possible. The vehicle in question may not be rigged for control and may not let you use it. It may have been a maned turret in the first place while developing the game but they could have switched the model and rig for another object, killing the ability to operate. Either that or it was originally an operational turret for some sort of mission objective and used the same code as the warthog turret to save work, but scrapped and not completely removed.

Back when i modded Halo 2 (i only did custom games, i swear!) i could do weird things like this, that's why im skeptical. but i would love nothing more than to be proven wrong on this.

To get higher use the old technique of one guy jumping underneath you, you jump as well until you jump off him at his full jump hight and get more height yourself. I used to know every glitch from halo 3 and back lol.

I tried to get at the tail of the pelican. But i could only stay in the middle, which made me fall of when it moves ):
I really hope you upload the tut. :p

Pretty cool. My guess is they just replicated the turret added the styling, and then forgot to remove the option to board it.

Was wondering why you weren't getting in haha.

I don't think its possible. The vehicle in question may not be rigged for control and may not let you use it. It may have been a maned turret in the first place while developing the game but they could have switched the model and rig for another object, killing the ability to operate. Either that or it was originally an operational turret for some sort of mission objective and used the same code as the warthog turret to save work, but scrapped and not completely removed.

Kinda like the banshees near the end of winter contingency. you can emp them but it wont let you jack them.

It's an AA gun. Probably 20mm; could also be a 40mm. How did you get up there? I don't remember any time a Pelican gets low enough to jump on.

I think I figured out how to do it! I can get the Armor Lock and I can get on top of the Pelican, but I can't get to where he is in the vid and I always end up sliding off...
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!"

EDIT: There seems to be a "glass ceiling" on the level, preventing me from getting to the back of the Pelican, and also "pushing" me off when the Pelican flies away... It's even there when I'm in Theater; I can't seem to go above this "ceiling" even with the flying cam...

I think I figured out how to do it! I can get the Armor Lock and I can get on top of the Pelican, but I can't get to where he is in the vid and I always end up sliding off...
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!"

EDIT: There seems to be a "glass ceiling" on the level, preventing me from getting to the back of the Pelican, and also "pushing" me off when the Pelican flies away... It's even there when I'm in Theater; I can't seem to go above this "ceiling" even with the flying cam...

That would be the actual edge of the map. Or a simple playerclip to stop the player getting to areas they're not supposed to. It's what keeps players climbing all the way up hills that mark the edge of the map, or flinging themselves tremendous distances int othe air to bypass an objective. Basically, cuts down on space used and provides limitations for what's possible within the game.

If it IS a playerclip, it would be possible to turn off clipping (not sure if there's a console in-game, as I don't own a 360, and only really use a PC) and get pass it. If it's a skybox, that means everything outside it technically doesn't exist within the gamespace, and is impossible to access.

EDIT: Just realised that I completely misread that. If it's the part he's in in the video, it would have to be a bypassable or buggy playerclip. Tis late, so sleep now xD

Yes the "glass ceiling" is hard to get past you just have to keep jumping up on the ledge untill your get on it. did you watch my tutorial?

Last edited by a moderator:
@ got armour: No, I hadn't seen that tutorial before, but after seeing the vid in the first post, then playing the level myself, I knew that's how you had done it. Trouble was breaking through the glass ceiling. If I can get that down, it'll be much easier than trying to launch myself up the dock side of the base. I think that method requires two people anyway.

EDIT: WOW. I finally made it up there. That crap was HARD. First I had to deal with getting over the ceiling and to the back of the Pelican, then I had to deal with timing the Armor Lock right so it didn't run out too early. THEN, I had to time the jump off the Pelican right so I didn't die when I hit the ground... It took me about two and a half hours to finally get to the turret. Too bad you can't enter it... On the bright side, I got a close look at the bullets used by the turret. Those suckers have to be around a foot long! .50 cal on steroids! Anyway, thanks for the tutorial.

guys, its easy, just go to youtube and type in how to fly the seraph tut, then follow the tut, and break off half way through and go this guy's way

Is this where you concussion rifle jump or drop shield on the pelican?

Cause my iPad ant showin the video,

The drop shield one is where you repetitly tap lb while on top of the pelican to get out of map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back