My most expensive project...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
Ok as most of you may know I have been selling ALLOT of my props and I have been getting just as many concerned messages as of why. Please do not worry (yeah right) I'm ok and things are going fine. I just made a VERY BIG decision to make a rather large investment on a new project. Now being married with kids I have a budget so I am not spending my paycheck nor income tax on this (my wife wants another wedding)...lol. I managed to raise $3,900.00 and spent $2,500.00 of that already and I have lots more to order. I will be spending approx.$10,000.00 when it is done. So without further adue here is the secrete. I am build a fully functional (lights, RC action, sounds and extra goodies) life size R2-D2. He will be completely aluminum weighing in between 175-200 lbs. I created progress sie because I am still in the planning/prchase phase. The actual build will begin in September when I get home. So check this link out to see what I am purchasing and how this will turn out.... http://r2dave2.soaringhammer.com/ . Let me know what you think or if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Ithica

I am sure this will be an epic build on both boards Dave, I am glad you are building him. It will be a prop replica you will never sell off. I am sure of that!!!

~James

Hey James. I have been trying to reach you. Did you get my messages? I am so stoked mn and I owe it to you. I am placing more orders in about and hour. There is just so much to do and get. You are right my friend this will be my new companion...lol.

Ithica

Looks like you'll need to make some C-3P0 armor to go with it.

R2-D2 is probably is probably one of the coolest Sci-Fi props to build, its going to be awesome seeing it being built by you.

You should add the Drink table R2-D2 used on jaba's mobile palace, that would make an awesome party waiter.

Hey Dave, yeah I was sick friday and haven't been near a computer yet.

Hey Forged, I tried to offer him the drink tray! See Dave Epic!

~James

Well, it certainly is worth that. Nothing, and I mean, nothing, is quite like R2! :D

Best of luck, Ithica, and you better believe I expect to see a nice flow of pics!

This is certainly worth it, my friends dad (Tom Jozwiak) was on the cover of Make for his R2D2 and C3PO. he has also built a model B9 from lost in space and recently a Wall-E, and like 10 other robots. so i have seen these operate in person, and they are definitely worth it.

You seem to have the COOLEST toys. This one will top the list, looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

I wish you good Luck for this new Project!

I want to wish you more, but you already have Skill and Money^^

10k for an R2 unit? That seems like crazy cash. Still, I wish you all the best mate. I hope you can finish it without breaking the bank at monte carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back