Operator Helmet Model Complete (But having issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aktaylorh

Operator Helmet Model Complete (Pep File Up!!!)

So this is my first completed model. The Operator Helmet

Operator.png

UPDATE: Problem has been resolved thanks to Zat German.

Operator Helmet

Here's my unfold, if anyone's interested:

OperatorHelmet.jpg

Click on the pic to download. I have included a scaling formula in the file.

This is indeed quite interesting, nothing i've tried works so far. I'm sure it doesn't help that I have under an hour of total experience with Blender, but i'll keep trying. If anybody figures this out first please explain how you did it.

This is indeed quite interesting, nothing i've tried works so far. I'm sure it doesn't help that I have under an hour of total experience with Blender, but i'll keep trying. If anybody figures this out first please explain how you did it.

Thanks for helping me out. I just started Blender yesterday so I still dont know how to do anything really either.

could i have your permission to mod this helmet? feel free to check my zeronos thread to see my work

Check and see if you saved it as a blender file? If you did, you first need to export the file from blender and save it as an .obj file in order for Pepakura Designer to recognize it.

Wow! for a beginner, it's pretty darn good! Low poly, but the dimensions look accurate. Nice job!

Check and see if you saved it as a blender file? If you did, you first need to export the file from blender and save it as an .obj file in order for Pepakura Designer to recognize it.
I did export it. If i left it as a blender file i dont think that Pep Designer would even take it.

Wow! for a beginner, it's pretty darn good! Low poly, but the dimensions look accurate. Nice job!
Thanks man. Ive really wanted to start using blender for awhile and im glad i started. It wasn't as hard to get started as i thought it would be.

UPDATE:

Still no luck on finding a solution and the only forum i found that might be of help is going to be down for the next week.

Ive been working on the same thing. I put all of the tiny details on the front on, and when im finished with it, i will build the camera things on there, delete the helmet, and make that a seperate file, and it will fit perfectly if its the same scale.

Ive been working on the same thing. I put all of the tiny details on the front on, and when im finished with it, i will build the camera things on there, delete the helmet, and make that a seperate file, and it will fit perfectly if its the same scale.

Glad to see someone else working on this helmet. One of the reasons i chose this one was because no one else has finished one yet.

I was able to import it successfully by bringing the OBJ into Maya, running a Mesh->Separate command to turn it into a PolySurface and then exporting it as an OBJ again.

I was able to import it successfully by bringing the OBJ into Maya, running a Mesh->Separate command to turn it into a PolySurface and then exporting it as an OBJ again.
That's good news. But the question now is whether it open in Pep Designer without deleting all the vertices and planes.

I also deleted some duplicated polygons and flipped some normals that were causing some unnecessary edges in Pepakura Designer.

umm i dont think the link is working properly. It comes up with like a list of coordinates.
Right click and save as. OBJ files are text and my host automatically sends it as a text file, so it displays in your browser. edit: fixed it for anyone who has not clicked it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back